The Microsoft Silicon team is transforming the ways people communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and components we develop. We’re a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products. Our team is creative and resourceful; we value growth and learning. We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best work. Join us, and together we’ll turn groundbreaking hardware designs into reality!
We are looking for a diligent information technology (IT) professional to grow the support of our hardware lab development environments and our hardware engineering teams in the Raleigh area. The ideal Engineering Lab Support Site Lead will be committed, customer-focused, and a self-starter who will thrive in this highly technical environment and is willing to grow with us.
Supporting the Silicon engineering labs at Microsoft involves defining and then supporting the workstations, networks, and servers along with supporting the engineers, and engineering systems needed to enable Microsoft’s Silicon development efforts. We strive to provide best in breed solutions to IT related engineering challenges. Sometimes, we even succeed.Responsibilities
- Support Microsoft’s Silicon engineering lab efforts
- Define and then track key progress indicators for Silicon engineering lab support
- Automate common engineering tasks
- Ensure the engineering lab support efforts align with Microsoft’s Silicon roadmap
- Evaluate engineering lab IT needs and then lead implementation of IT systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (required)
- 6+ years’ experience supporting Windows systems on an enterprise network (required)
- 2+ years’ experience with PowerShell, VBScript, Perl, Python, or other scripting languages (required)
- BS(BA) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, or related field (preferred)
- Experience troubleshooting, installing, and configuring a variety of development tools (preferred)
- Experience administering Windows servers in an enterprise wide Active Directory (preferred)
- Experience troubleshooting cross platform UNIX/Windows/MacOS connectivity protocols and troubles (preferred)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (an occasional server) (preferred)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.