Azure is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today and Microsoft is hiring Gaming Global Black Belt Technical Specialist. Microsoft Technical Specialist main goal is to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use our technology. You will work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge. Technical Specialists are expected to be able to both own and win the customers technical decisions, as well as find new opportunities through their contacts and work they are on for sales people to further pursue.
As a Gaming Global Black Belt CSA, you will be a trusted advisor and a senior technical solution leader engaging with Game Publishers and Game Development studios. You will drive executive conversation with development and game producers teams. You will own and lead the technical engagement, coordinating your global virtual team responsible for geographic resource management and execution across technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, to win the technical decision allowing the team to achieve/exceed Azure objectives with the gaming industry. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based gaming technologies.Responsibilities
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- 50% of your time will be spent on being the key technical leader, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, architect and adopt Microsoft gaming solutions. You will lead and challenge the customer with clear strategic vision of leveraging cloud solutions to build, operate, scale, optimize and monetize games leveraging cloud solutions. You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making. You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful. You will lead to clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Azure Gaming solution sales and customer usage. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft to directly influence market share and revenue growth of Microsoft cloud platform in the Gaming space.
- 30% of your time will be spent on being the thought leader for Azure Gaming in your territory by participating in internal Microsoft Technical communities and broader industry events, publishing blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and more in your area of expertise related to game development.
- 20% of your time will be spent on influencing the Microsoft cloud gaming platform go to market strategy by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter. Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions. You will stay sharp, share your knowledge and learn practices from others. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Required experience and skills:
- 5+ years in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles
- 2+ years of backend game development on public cloud platforms
- Broad knowledge of and ability to explain backend game development scenarios and technical architectures required for 3rd party game development engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Knowledge of 1st/3rd party game services such as PlayFab, GameSparks and Photon
- Global/International experience to lead multi-cultural diverse and remote teams
- Leadership and confidence required to challenge customer status quo
- Deep understanding of key competitive technologies and/or specific industries
- Talent and skill to influence and motivate global virtual teams and other valuable stakeholders.
- The ability to articulate the advantages of Microsoft technologies to C-Level and senior business decision makers
- Knowledge of DevOps, LiveOps and gaming monetization strategies
- Understanding of Azure platform, Xbox live services (XIM, VOIP and Chat)
- Strong understanding of cloud platform competitors (AWS, Google, IBM, local hosters), game related services, and capabilities
- Knowledge of graphical tools like Autodesk, Maya and cloud rendering
- Strong understanding and experience of Open Source game development technologies such as PHP, Node.js, Python, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, NoSQL (MongoDB, etc.), Redis, Memcache, Linux Server VMs, clustering, etc.
- Knowledge of VR/AR/MR/UWP game development
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Certifications in Azure or competitive cloud platforms preferred
Certifications in information security preferred