Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-usResponsibilities
As an Advanced Migration Sales Lead, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our worldwide commercial business organization working with our most important customers.
You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance and close our largest Advanced Migration opportunities and achieve/exceed solution sales and usage/consumption targets for EMEA in your assigned accounts.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
Go beyond IT to BDM: Develop relationships with BDMs to understand their business needs and expanding your network through social selling (LinkedIn) and hunting for new opportunities across the breadth of your solution area
Build solution knowledge: Learn about Microsoft technologies and solutions, partner solutions, industry trends, and competitor offerings to more effectively drive solution level discussions to address customer’s business needs
Be a disciplined operator and orchestrator: Maintain excellence in pipeline management and v-team attachment by reviewing and updating opportunity progress weekly using MSX, performing precision customer targeting, and leading v-team opportunity orchestration to accelerate Customer Adds and Consumption
Drive ACR and customer transformation: ACR growth for Azure Advanced Migration services such as Azure VMWare Solutions
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Experienced. 10+ years’ recognized and rewarded experience selling Datacenter business solutions to large/global enterprise customers required.
- Account Management. Proven record of effective account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation. required
- Executive Presence. Demonstrated experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria. required
- Collaborative. Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence. required
- Coaching. Training extended team in pipeline management, opportunity management, and account planning. required
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Market Maker. Strong leadership to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, industry decision makers and or boards required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused required
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- Infrastructure background. 10+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.); and broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture in the Cloud Infrastructure space with experience in hybrid cloud infrastructure and management required
- Specific subject matter expert. Deep technical knowledge of large scale complex applications on cloud platform like Microsoft Azure and AWS, GCP required
- Cloud Trust. High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Technical breadth. Enterprise-scale experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures (including Windows, Storage, Linux/OSS technologies, VMware and Data technologies), architecture designs, migrations and management of technology required
- Competitive Knowledge – Have good understanding of Public cloud platform landscape specifically AWS and Google and be able to present differentiation both business and technical to customers
- Deep experience with Azure Infrastructure, Data and Apps capabilities (preferred)
- Community Builder. Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow, Microsoft (or similar) customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, internal and external communities and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required
- Certifications in domain-specific (Hybrid Management, Networking, Compute, , Hybrid storage, Cloud platforms and Linux/OSS) technologies preferred
- Certification in Azure infrastructure exams preferred
- VMware and Converged Infrastructure experience and knowledge preferred