Are you interested in having your EMC and Radio Compliance expertise and project management skills play a key role in the development of some of the most exciting new products in the world?
Come join the EMC/Radio compliance team here at Microsoft!
In this role the EMC/Radio Compliance engineer will provide a key function for the Microsoft Compliance team through definitive EMC and radio compliance expertise and will be responsible for an exciting, cutting-edge family of products. Additionally, this engineer will represent the Microsoft compliance team in product development meetings, preparing and scheduling test programs, and synching cross-team to meet all EMC and radio compliance deliverables required for a worldwide product launch. He or she will also be responsible for understanding and implementing Radio and EMC requirements and obtaining EMC and Radio compliance certifications for Microsoft hardware products in all designated markets.
This person will work closely with other development engineers (Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, ASIC, Firmware and Industrial Design) as well as with Product Planners, Marketing, User Assistance, Legal and Localization services to ensure that our products meet global EMC and radio compliance requirements.
- Working productively and seamlessly as a member of a skilled team of compliance professionals
- Representing EMC and radio compliance in multiple product development teams in various Microsoft business groups
- Coordinating all necessary worldwide EMC and radio compliance documentation, testing, and certifications
- Providing definitive subject-matter expertise in the fields of electromagnetic interference and compatibility.
- Development of EMC design requirements for electronic modules at a circuit board and system level
- Optimize schematics, PCB component placement and routing to meet EMC requirements for Emissions and Susceptibility
- Formulation of system and circuit board level initial EMC protection
- Review and translation of customer EMC requirements and procedures into EMC test documents and design concepts
- EMC design, test and mitigation
- Support the EMC and Radio compliance teams in the development of common (best) practices
- Perform on-site and off-site development test support
The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of high-volume consumer electronics experience as an EMC and Radio compliance engineer. The candidate must have at least a BSEE degree and demonstrated strong project management skills and a good understanding of product EMC and Radio compliance. The candidate should have a working knowledge of RF principles, radio testing and design and radio regulatory requirements (such as FCC parts 15, 22, 24, 27 and similar worldwide requirements). The candidate should have the ability to develop radio test plans, analyze radio compliance test data, write radio compliance test specifications/procedures and interpret regulatory radio standards for Information Technology equipment (ITE). Ability to work with ambiguities is a must. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to seamlessly work across groups and at all levels.
You must have:
- A proficient level of knowledge of the regulatory radio and EMC compliance process
- EMC design and mitigation expertise
- Experience with the EMC and RF test equipment
- A good understanding of international regulatory radio compliance requirements for ITE (minimum for the USA/CA and EU – worldwide a plus)
- Good understanding of cellular technologies- GSM, WCDMA, UMTS, LTE and other wireless technologies like Bluetooth, 802.11 WLAN.
- Strong cross-functional and collaborative team skills
- A team orientation with superior interpersonal awareness
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Strong organization and documentation abilities
- Ability to effectively define world-class processes in specifications and procedures
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.