Our Commercial Solutions Execution Team (CSET) sits within the Worldwide Commercial Finance team and owns the foundational operational and execution strategy as well as policy and compliance infrastructure for the organization.
We are seeking experienced professionals to join our Global High-Risk Deals Desk (HRDD). The HRDD has been established to manage a robust set of controls and provide compliance oversight to drive improvements in Microsoft’s exposure for high risk deals. The HRDD team member will be the first line of defense for anti-corruption controls by performing compliance checks for Microsoft’s highest risk deals. This role will require significant coordination with multiple internal stakeholders driving significant process and program improvement to further reduce risk exposure.Responsibilities
- Lead a team of finance professionals across multiple locations.
- Model and foster a collaborative, inclusive, growth mindset culture within the team.
- Own and drive key strategic pillars around controls, people, processes, systems, reporting and policy.
- Design and own the IT strategy for the HRDD function with a strong focus on long term solutions as well as driving for short term efficiency with the Function.
- Working across the HRDD and CSET organization build a strong learning and improvement function that ensures the following:
- Consistency in process execution across the global team
- Tracking, reporting and taking action on emerging trends in deal reviews
- Ensure changes to HRDD policy and process are landed consistently in the global team
- Program, Process and Project Management: Own global process, system and compliance projects.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Build relationships with multiple internal stakeholders across the Corporate functions in Microsoft to help advance a strong culture of governance and compliance in the company. This includes engagement with OLC/CELA, IA, FIU, Operations and Program owners across all BGs/
- A mentor, coach and escalation point to other members of the HRDD team for processes, controls and tools you own.
- People manager experience is essential.
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience in risk management, compliance, regulatory, or other governance and control related roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or related field is desirable. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Strong leadership experience in finance and operations required.
- High-level of integrity, self-confidence, demonstrated change management and support for a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Operations, Engineering, Sales, Legal, Finance, Tax, Licensing, and Treasury in order to support new solutions across different regions.
- Motivated self-starter that can clearly identify and articulate business and customer values through technology.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams to achieve results, strategic thinking and alignment and ability to act as an evangelist and catalyst to drive payment solutions.
- A strong influencer who can look beyond the obvious to come up with requirements that will lead to increased productivity, new insights and value propositions.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to own and drive strong and impactful collaboration with senior stakeholders up to CVP level.
- Must demonstrate ability to influence others with empathy while under pressure to deliver compliant time based outcomes to key stakeholders and customers.
- Exceptional ability to identify compliance, process, program gaps and work with senior stakeholders and process/solution owners across global teams to enable the required change
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.