Microsoft AI+ Research Shared Engineering Services is looking for a designer who enjoys exercising creative problem-solving and robust interaction design skills to join our team in Bellevue, Washington. Your design work will drive the creation and maintenance of high-quality user experiences within the Microsoft Advertising ecosystem of products.
Within this role, you will ask questions, find answers, and generate effective design solutions. You will collaborate with diverse teams to co-create designs that understand and address the needs of the user and the business. You will think about the big picture and ensure that your teammates consider the user experience beyond the user interface. You are a user advocate and a user-centered design evangelist.Responsibilities
As a designer on this team, you will be responsible for:
- Working with stakeholders to develop concepts, low and high-fidelity design assets, interactive prototypes, and design specifications/redlines.
- Understanding Microsoft design language and systems (Web Fluent/Fabric) and utilizing these design systems effectively.
- Partnering with your fellow designers, user researchers, content writers, and stakeholders to execute user-centered design that creates accessible and desirable products.
- Creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and where we are enabled to do our best work.
- A portfolio that demonstrates understanding of interaction design principles and patterns, problem-solving, and a commitment to user-centered design.
- Understanding of user-centered design concepts, including a basic understanding of UX research and design methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and roles to create, define, deliver, and support effective designs.
- A continual learner when it comes to design, UX, and technology, who can integrate these learnings into their work on a continual basis.
- Designer work experience (internships, educational activities, etc.)
- Basic understanding of front-end development technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in a design-related field (e.g. HCI, HCDE, Graphic Design, Informatics, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.