The Design Studio - Microsoft Gaming is a leader in gaming and entertainment experiences for customers worldwide. We design for gamers of all types across Console, PC, Web, Mobile, and beyond. Most importantly, we design for fun.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer 2 to join our Xbox Social design team. This team works alongside engineering partners building gaming mobile app landscapes in addition to family safety and gaming experiences across mobile platforms, the Xbox console, and PC. These experiences should embody user focused design and exude quality and craftsmanship.
You will create gaming community experiences orbiting around games, other gamers, content creators, influencers, and more. Expectations for social experiences vary across gaming endpoints, and this role will help bring design consistency while answering the bespoke needs of gamers and their communities. Play is fundamentally human, and this team will deliver a contemporary, contextual viewpoint of inclusive gaming.
Together with our team of Visual Design, Motion Design, Interaction Design, Game Design, and UX Engineering, you will help us think visually and craft artifacts that delight and engage our users. You are a starter and a finisher – someone who can inspire with concepts and can shepherd a design to ship. Above all, you have craft, whether through pixels or code, you can bring an experience to life that communicates and demonstrates the product. We are a design team with great passion for gaming and for gamers – join us and help shape the future of Gaming at Microsoft.Responsibilities
- Drive product experience for gaming-related social experiences
- Collaborate with brand, marketing, and development
- Ship designs for software development on time and at high quality
- Create scenarios, flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, UI pattern libraries, interaction guidelines and other artifacts to evolve the user experience
- Work with fellow Designers, Program Managers, and Developers to solve problems and enhance the overall user experience
- Participate in and lead brainstorming and work sessions
- Demonstrate design concepts and strategy through prototyping
- Build consensus around design direction
- Ensure that designs use insights and context provided from rich data and machine learning
- Deep knowledge of various design disciplines, with particular strength in UX
- Demonstrated mobile UX experience driving customer engagement
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, interaction guidelines, and other related artifacts
- Cross-team and cross-discipline communication skills and understanding of related business and technology processes
- Confident presentation skills to all levels of an organization
- Expertise with Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Abstract, and related tools
- Experience with prototyping tools (Invision, ProtoPie, Framer, Principle, Flinto, Unity, etc.)
- Inclusive design experience
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design, Human-Computer-Interaction, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of designing for software development
Portfolio Review Required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you.