THIS POSITION IS BASED IN GAVLE REGION.
Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a Critical Environment Operations Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and datacenter optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in MCIO as part of our Global Datacenter Operations Group!
As a successful Critical Environments Operations Manager (CEOM), your performance objectives will be to:
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspects of our Datacenter operations
- Lead a team of Mechanical, Electrical and Control System professionals supporting Microsoft's online services
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in our Datacenters
- Maximize Critical Environment (CE) availability to ensure optimal operational efficiency
- Reduce high-impact and human-error Critical Environment (CE) incidents year over year
- Deliver on cost/energy efficiency initiatives
- Ensure routine reporting to effectively manage and analyze our Power/Temperature/Relative Humidity, and SLA monitoring
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships and engagement with our Engineering Groups (EGs), and business partners
- Work with regional and global peers to share and build best practices across the entire datacenter portfolio
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a Datacenter or other critical environment facility, working with the operation of building cooling, electrical, mechanical and life safety systems, Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS), Branch Circuit Monitoring (BCM), Building Automation Systems (BAS), and Battery Monitoring Systems (BMS)
- At least three years’ experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical College certification in mechanical or electrical engineering and/or services
- Experience working on large scale CE projects
- Experience with the operation of IT infrastructure (Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.