Do you want to be a leader at one of the largest cloud companies in the world during the most exciting, transformative time in our industry? Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators and leaders come to collaborate and envision what can be, and take their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of filled with possibilities, more innovations, more openness, and the sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have the expertise, ingenuity and empowerment to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations to deliver success for our people, our customers and our business.
We are always learning and insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are #bettertogether. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
Joining Microsoft in the Services organization as the Cross-Domain Delivery (CDD) Time Zone Lead for [Americas/Asia/EMEA] you will be partnering with and coaching time zone leadership across One Commercial on the capabilities and business value of CDD as part of our customers’ Digital Transformation journeys. The CDD Time Zone Lead is a senior services leader with exceptional relationship, delivery, selling and coaching skills who has a proven track record of driving growth in complex and ever-changing business environments and market lifecycles.
Reporting to the CDD Domain lead, the CDD Time Zone Lead is a critical individual contributor business role that looks left-right across the CDD businesses, in partnership with the CDD Leadership team to help execute the CDD Priorities aligned with the Microsoft Services Priorities to support Microsoft’s bold ambitions. Services helps to make the market, champion consumption of our technologies, and position Microsoft to deliver support throughout the lifecycle.Responsibilities
Reporting to the CDD Domain Lead, and as a peer to the CDD services practice leads running their businesses, key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and execute a complete engagement strategy for the time zone in close partnership with all delivery domain business leaders, area leadership, and the global pursuit organization.
- Provide leadership and coaching in the time zone to area leadership, other delivery domains and the global pursuit organization as to CDD domain capability, applicability, and value in customer scenarios.
- Envision and promote #bettertogether opportunities among CDD, delivery domain, and account organizations, leveraging multiple capabilities to create expanded customer value.
- Provide surrogate/extended leadership capacity to the CDD business delivery leaders inside the time zone – be capable of having meaningful conversations with all stakeholder groups as a trusted advisor to both parties.
- Proactively share ideas for improvement with the other CDD time zone leaders and CDD business leaders (among other stakeholder audiences) to drive customer consumption of Microsoft’s cloud platforms.
- In addition to the Domain Leader, be the face and voice of Cross-Domain Delivery, representing CDD to the broader Microsoft Services time zone community and building trust, credibility and excitement.
- Amplify CDD messaging within the time zone through events, community participation, and other thought leadership activity.
- Build on, experiment with and help tailor CDD delivery and offering capability to the needs of the time zone, while assuring constant idea and best practice sharing amongst the time zones.
- Provide feedback to CDD business leaders as to how their businesses can better serve the requirements of the time zone.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- A credible, authentic, purpose driven leader, with a track record of delivering results by empowering and enabling others.
- Proven ability to create effective relationships, listen, influence and collaborate at all organizational levels.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Services, especially around delivery capabilities, organization, and charter.
- The ability to manage a broad portfolio of business relationships with mixed focus areas and incentives, building bridges that result in mutual upside for all parties.
- Dealing well and leading with a can-do attitude through continual change, ambiguity; able to identify systemic approaches to solving problems.
- Ability to inspire confidence in senior leaders and motivate a global team’s members.
- Seen as a leader within the Services ecosystem, with a passionate & supportive voice who is well known for helping others and paying their knowledge forward. Has energy, can energize others.
- Results driven; strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication capability.
- Experience: 10+ years of related experience in professional services, business management, offering/product strategy, marketing, sales, customer support, technology implementation, or related field. Strong Business Analysis Skills (understands financials, sales processes, scorecards and key performance indicators).
- Education: bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MBA/Masters a plus with focus on business administration, information technology, finance, organizational management, business management.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.