Innovative technologies are transforming the way in which businesses connect with customers, partners, suppliers and distributors like never before. Businesses are now being forced to embrace this transformation – and adapt their business practices and enterprise application strategies in order to both accommodate and embrace change like never before.
At Microsoft, our strategy is to define a new approach for business applications – led by connecting our commercial cloud offerings in Office 365, Azure, and now Dynamics 365 to help organizations digitally transform the way in which they deliver productivity, scale and engagement in a mobile-first, cloud-first economy.
As the Chief Technology Officer for the Dynamics 365 sales organization, your role is to help potential and existing customers and Partners leverage the power of the Dynamics 365/Power Platform enterprise architecture and drive solution development, deployment and utilization of our Business Applications services. This role will be responsible for external outreach and engagement with C-Level executives and to influence strategic solution development and deployment that unifies our Office 365, Azure and Dynamics 365 clouds into unique and differentiated cloud offerings that supports our revenue growth and adoption/utilization targets. More specifically, the role will be responsible for engaging with top Dynamics 365 lighthouse customers and partners, demonstrate and validate the value of our connected cloud services, and identify necessary deployment and utilization benchmarks required to ensure customer success. Outside of our engineering team, the role will serve as the technology strategy advisor to the Business Apps Sales Leadership team and will be responsible for detailed engagement across the Dynamics product teams to ensure that key customer needs are met within the solutions.
The role will also be responsible for working with and orchestrating across our Business Apps team as well as Modern Workplace (Office) Intelligent Cloud (Azure), Microsoft Consulting Services and Enterprise Sales Teams. As our suite of offerings grow, this role will be instrumental in our changing workload specialization strategy when it comes to technical vision/strategy/support.
Areas of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Champion Microsoft’s technology vision, strategy, and capabilities across Business Applications solutions.
- Serve as the go-to voice of field into R&D for product insights and customer escalations
- Drive strategic wins and deployments by helping customers leverage Dynamics 365 cloud services to drive Digital Transformation.
- Uncover and unlock strategic sales of Dynamics 365 cloud services by engaging in technology workshops and executive briefings (EBCs) with marquee customers.
- Develop reference solution maps and evangelize the Dynamics 365 technology platforms to convert on-premises legacy apps (xRM) to the new PowerApps/Flow solution families.
- External outreach and engagement, and trusted advisor relationships with customers, partners and Independent Software Vendors.
- Serve as the point of escalation on critical technical solution issues and proactively represent customer requirements in product feedback and planning processes.
- Remove sales blockers to enable key deals and transformation.
- Drive internal engagement by improving technical sales effectiveness, transferring knowledge, skills, and messaging to technical and sales staff, especially pertaining to the cloud and technology policy issues
Experience and Qualifications
- 10+ years’ experience as CIO, ITDM, senior technologist, or senior solution architect experienced in working with enterprise accounts in the Public Sector or regulated industries such as financial services, health, or education.
- Proven in driving vision and strategy, transformation, and business outcomes, and challenging industry leaders.
- IT industry sales executive with a strong technical background in cloud services and extensive experience with privacy, security, compliance and technology policy issues.
- Knowledge of CRM, ERP, HCM business scenarios and business models is a must.
- Experienced on national issues and global environment, and sensitive to different government sentiments towards U.S. technology providers.
- Experienced and credible storyteller and communicator who can simplify technology and policy issues and lead conversations with high-level company executives and decision makers.
- Experience working across Microsoft BGs to ensure cross-team collaboration and solution design
- Strategic thinker including ability to analyze industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Strong collaborator and community lead who can develop to the growth of a global community of technology and sales professionals.
Top Attributes & Characteristics:
- Passion for technology, policy, and business.
- Challenger mind-set, takes smart risks, and open to new ideas and ways of thinking.
- Motivated and proven change agent who can drive internal and external transformation.
- Self-aware, mature, empathetic and excellent listener who can quickly understand and align with customer needs, mobilize to address them, and drive business results.
- Strong business acumen, ability to identify and create novel policy and business opportunities.
- Polished, self-aware, articulate corporate diplomat who can effectively represent company externally with both Business and Technology stakeholders
- Ability to rapidly gain/build trust and confidence of potential customers and partners.
- Highly self-motivated with a drive, initiative and capacity for hard work.
- Calm, thoughtful executive with ability to adapt in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Highest ethical standards with a deep commitment to customer, partners and employees.
- Intelligent, confident in his/her capabilities, and able to thrive in a competitive environment with other highly motivated, intelligent professionals, including a willingness and ability to challenge other leaders and accept and encourage challenge from others.
- Team player who understands how to work with others and how to motivate the existing organization to stretch.
- Strong sense of responsibility and understanding of the critical impact of meeting commitments.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.