The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) will coach employees on performance expectations and invest in the overall growth of individual team members. The ASM provides leadership to their team through driving results while providing world-class customer service and experiences for our consumer, small business and community customers, ultimately empowering them to achieve more with technology.
As a Microsoft Retail Store employee, you have the unique opportunity to impact our company's mission every single day. Microsoft Retail Stores are the hub of cutting-edge devices and services, providing our customers the opportunity to immerse themselves in the latest and greatest in technology solutions that fit into their everyday lifestyle. As a member of our global Stores team, we value your unique perspective, background, experiences, talents and abilities. We are seeking store teammates who will make authentic connections and provide world-class service to our consumer, small business & community customers who come from all walks of life. These connections transform them into Microsoft-brand fans.
- A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming of all
- Training that will make you feel empowered to do your best work even if you aren’t a tech expert
- Career opportunities for all of our employees
- Fantastic, comprehensive and competitive benefits for full-time and part-time employees
- Gratitude & recognition for our awesome employees
- Belief that at Microsoft #WeWinAsATeam
- Drive a culture that consistently obsesses over our customers, innovates, builds on the ideas of others, and impacts overall business results through passionate and motivated teams
- Partners with the Store Manager to align on store priorities and communication to ensure a seamless employee and customer experience
- Motivate the team to effectively and passionately deliver exciting in-store experiences showcasing the latest in products and services
- Effectively respond to changing in-store environment, circumstances, and situations through customer engagements
- Consistently model Microsoft Values that contribute to a positive working environment
- Have a level of intuitiveness to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced retail environment
Drive for Results
- Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes by using effective approaches to solve problems
- Drive a strong culture of operational compliance by providing supervision and accountability across the team
- Takes responsibility in delivering on commitments and seeks positive results that benefit customers, both externally and internally
Influencing for Impact
- Communicates positively to motivate and inspire teammates and sustains a positive work environment that upholds the Microsoft retail culture and values
- Engage and develop a workforce of talent through consistent coaching and constructive feedforward
- Possesses the ability to persuade positive business outcomes through in-store interactions with customers and associates
- Feel empowered to engage with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in our customers lives
- Combines resources and joins efforts with peers to achieve store and company goals
- 2+ Years Retail store management experience or People Management Experience
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S. is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Coaching or management of individuals in a metrics-driven consultative sales environment
- Previous experience managing or training in retail technology/electronics industry
- Microsoft certifications OR experience/education in technology/IT
- College degree preferred
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualification may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.