As a company, Microsoft's mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Come join us and be one who empowers billions. Be part of a team which values collaboration and influence for impact. Microsoft's commercial business serves our largest customers, by helping them maximize the digital transformation opportunity using Microsoft's suite of enterprise cloud offerings. Across every role, our job is simple: put the customer first and show them the world of possibilities digital technology can offer. We believe in what people make possible. at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/about
Strategic Account Executive
A role like this may very well be the pinnacle of your career. Be part of a dynamic, world-class community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry. You will build and foster strategic relationships with the c-suites of the most impactful brands in their respective industries and will be at the forefront of their digital transformations. Envision working jointly with these customers to merge business vision with engineering roadmaps to enable market-making innovations. Be the visionary that takes their leaders on a journey but use your industry and business acumen to make those dreams of today, tangible business outcomes of tomorrow. All of this will require you to orchestrate a large, global, internal team that you will lead through influence without authority, and together, you will challenge things that were never thought possible.
Preferred location is Pittsburgh, PA.
As a Strategic Account Executive at Microsoft, consider yourself the dedicated virtual CEO of an account who leads our top customer into the digital age.
This job will provide you:
- An opportunity to drive change with your customer to do business like never before in a new and transformational way
- A forum to co-create the art of the possible
- The chance to lead world-class, diverse teams of digital transformation advisors, engineers, architects, and delivery teams who all have a vested interest in the customer
- Business Strategy - Understand the customers' business, business strategy and industry direction and manage a long term, sustainable business portfolio.
- Digital transformation - Disrupt the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase case for change and Microsoft's unique value proposition
- Relationship Building - Expand strategic customer relationships to drive larger impact for the customer and to deliver business outcomes.
- Chief People Leadership - Mobilize, orchestrate, mentor and lead the Microsoft Account Team, partners and customer in order to help solidify the path to the complex yet exciting journey that is digital transformation.
- Business Development Artistry - Responsible for articulating the joint business plan and business opportunity generation with continuous learning and improvement industries such as Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy
- 5+ years of building strategic business partnerships through selling or consulting with enterprise customers. Equally considered will be 5+ years of experience driving digital transformation from within the enterprise customer
- Bachelor's degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience
- Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 20+ internal and external people) in global environments
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run a business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L ownership, business planning)
- Embody "we-before-me" mindset
- An industry mastery of any kind is required, healthcare experience preferred
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.