Technical Staff Engineer-Program Manager
Microchip Technology, Inc. San Jose, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.Job Description
Microchip is a leading manufacturer of a secure and reliable Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) and SoC devices. Microchips Programming and Debug tools suite enables user to transition quickly from design to prototype and production quickly. And the Secured Production Solution enables our customer to securely inject their keys and design into Microchips FPGA and SoC devices while maintaining the confidentiality and integrity.
As a Tech Staff Engineering Program Manager, you will lead the integrated product development teams that successfully develop and bring to market Microchip FPGA products.
- Lead multiple development programs over multiple years, across multiple US and international sites.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans that will take the program from feasibility to high volume production.
- Track overall team progress, proposing and driving new methodologies to improve quality, pull in schedule, lower cost, and remove barriers to program execution.
- Engage with marketing as well as engineering development to update plans in response to dynamic market requirements.
- Collaboratively define requirements, and track deliverables among a wide array of cross functional teams in different geographies.
- Coordinate and drive focused sub-teams to resolve critical issues that arise during overall development.
- Identify and manage program risks. Identify opportunities that can positively influence program performance and company culture.
- Communicate program status, challenges, and requests to the Product Sponsor and/or senior executives.
- Bachelors or masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 12+ years experience in silicon development, program management and/or product validation.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills and experience.
- Knowledge of silicon development, firmware development, software development, product validation, silicon manufacturing engineering.
- Experience with managing geographically spread, multidiscipline teams across multiple time zones.
- Ability to promote ideas persuasively, influence others, and build and maintain effective professional relationships with internal partners and business leaders.
- Excellent project and program management and planning skills, including scheduling, assessment, resource management, requirements management, status reporting, schedule tracking and risk management.
- Highly organized with the ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience with Phase/Gate or other program management methodologies.
- PMP certification or related training.
- An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled/Veterans/Minorities/Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with Disabilities - If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-792-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Microchip Technology, Inc.
AddressSan Jose, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Microchip Technology, Inc.