Senior Engineer II-Verification
Microchip Technology, Inc. Colorado Springs, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.Job Description
Microchip Data Center Solutions (DCS) group is currently looking for an experienced functional verification Engineer to join our team in an exciting opportunity in developing high-performance storage and memory controllers for data centers servicing cloud storage, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Microchip offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for data center, communications, aerospace and defense, and industrial markets. Microchips Data Center Solutions Business Unit (DCS) offers industry leading performance, reliability, and security for Smart Storage Controllers, RAID Controllers, SAS/SATA IO Controllers, SAS Expanders, PCIe Switches, NVME Controllers and CXL memory controllers.
As an ASIC development engineer in the Microchip Data Center Solutions group, you will get hands-on experience developing our next generation of storage and memory controller SOC products. This will involve taking a design from initial concept to production form. Throughout you will work beside experienced engineers and be exposed to Microchips Best-In-Class engineering practices. Working side-by-side with some of the brightest minds and most innovative people in the industry, you won't just fill a position, you will be given an opportunity to work on a team where your contributions matter. As an ASIC Development Engineer, you will be responsible for verification of digital integrated circuits at the block level, top level, and/or solution level. You will be challenged and encouraged to discover the power of innovation. Microchip fosters continuous learning in a challenging and rewarding environment. If this sounds like the kind of environment you'd like to participate in, we'd like to hear from you!
- Develop and execute verification test plans to verify complex digital integrated circuits (100K to 10M+ gates) using coverage metrics and constrained random-driven verification techniques.
- Design, implement and maintain verification test benches and bus-functional models in System Verilog using best-in-class verification methodologies such as UVM.
- Track down bugs and technical problems and work with the design team to ensure timely resolution.
- Read and understand applicable protocol standards.
- Bachelors degree or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 6.5 to 8 years of related experience.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills and the ability to proactively solve issues.
- Excellent teamwork and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with scripting language and strong programming skills.
- Some verification or testing experience required. Digital design knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of System Verilog and UVM/OVM is an asset.
- Working knowledge with verification tools such as Cadence NC-Sim, waveform viewers, and other similar tools.
- PCI-Express, CXL and/or DDR SDRAM knowledge is an asset.
Wellness & Medical Benefits effective on your First Day of Employment
Gold Standard in Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental & Vision Benefits
Free on-site medical clinic staffed by a licensed and certified Nurse Practitioner.
On-site fitness center
Quarterly Employee Cash Bonus Plan
Restricted Stock Grant
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
401K Retirement Savings Plan
Paid Time Off
Absence Time - "Sick Pay"
10 Paid Holidays
Salary Range:$67,883- 112,959
Equal Opportunity Employer - Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled/Veterans/Minorities/Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with Disabilities - If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-792-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.