Principal Engineer-Supplier Eng-845-21
Microchip Technology, Inc. Mount Holly Springs, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.Job Description
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER, COMPONENT OPERATIONS
This position is responsible for driving quality of supplied raw materials from our worldwide suppliers through an effective quality systems approach. This role is involved with all aspects of the supply management and manufacturing process, through the use of robust root cause failure analyses, and meeting internal customer requirements. The position will support both Microchip's internal factories and out Contract Manufacturers when quality issues stem from raw material. You will work directly with the supplier manufacturers to drive failure analysis, containment and improvement actions.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Regularly reviewing and assessing Supplier processes
- Generating and maintaining Quality documentation and reports
- Providing Technical Guidance and Assistance to various stake holders in the organization (Warehouse, Planner, Client Engagement Manager, Customer Quality Engineer)
- Support all aspects of Supplier interface and relations from initial engagement-qualification, on-going supplier support, supplier complaint management and problem solving, from both external and internal customer complaints, that are related to components and component suppliers.
- Using various Quality Processes in the organization (Supplier Corrective Action Request, Corrective and Preventive Actions, Failure Analysis, Change Control Board) to work with suppliers to identify and resolve Quality issues and implement containment or corrective actions.
- Conducting Supplier audits and survey to assess the capabilities of new suppliers and renewal process of existing suppliers as part of the SOP and ISO requirement
- Evaluating Supplier performance and capabilities through regular Supplier Audits, Surveys, Quarterly Scorecard Rating and Business review
- Support quality improvement initiative and programs to achieve 0 PPM.
- Implementing SOPs/guidelines for suppliers actions on Microchip parts specifications and requirements
- Fostering and maintaining the good business relationship with existing and new suppliers to ensure that their supply products are in accordance with Microchips requirements.
- BSEE in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering Degree
- Minimum 8.5 years of experience in electronics manufacturing, with at least 2 years in quality engineering
- Ability to travel throughout all of Asia (China, Taiwan, Philippines, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc.)
- Knowledge of Total Quality Management System (QMS)
- Experience with FA procedures and Processes including formal 8D process.
- Preferred but not required: Qualified Auditor, Knowledge in AS9100, Experience in various technologies (i.e., oscillator manufacturing, metal fabrication/welding/brazing, cables, plastics and molding, Substrate processing, Discrete and IC manufacturing)
Equal Opportunity Employer - Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled/Veterans/Minorities/Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with Disabilities - If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-792-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Microchip Technology, Inc.
AddressMount Holly Springs, PA
EngineeringView all jobs at Microchip Technology, Inc.