MicroCare, based in New Britain CT, was established to meet the demand for perfectly clean products in electronics and the metal finishing industries. The first MicroCare critical cleaning products were aerosol solvents for defluxing circuit boards. Today, MicroCare serves customers in electronics, assembly, medical device manufacturing, aerospace and military applications, photonics, injection molding, additive manufacturing, telecommunications and other important markets.
We are looking for a Senior Sourcing Analyst to manage the purchasing and material planning for our global production and operations. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your talent and skills and grow upon them!
You will be responsible to:
- Coordinate Procurement and Vendor activities that support MicroCare production schedules.
- Interface with operations, logistics and project management to effectively manage inventory.
- Support new product development, working with suppliers, marketing and operations on package design.
- Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Ensure purchase order specifications contain descriptions that are current and appropriate to the purchased part on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate values according to knowledge of market price. Determine procurement method such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepare RFQ’s or bid requests. Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintain Approved Supplier List and current costs in company ERP system (Chempax).
- Maintains Approved Vendor List per the ISO 9001:2015 program.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or Quality Control, users, vendors and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approve invoices for payment and expedite delivery of goods to users when necessary.
- Provide cost savings through negotiating costs and deliveries with vendors on one-time purchases and/or by contract purchases.
- Drive cost savings across the company through strategic vendor management.
- Provide second sources for commodity items to prevent manufacturing and shipping delays.
- Promote an incident free workplace by complying with safety policies and procedures and participate in company safety trainings.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, or materials management.
• Excellent technical skills with ERP, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Minimum of two years of sourcing experience.
• Excellent negotiating skills with ability to build and maintain long-term vendor relationships.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills, strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize tasks within a busy environment as well as solve problems and act independently.
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts.
• Solid decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in the use and maintenance of an automated MRP system.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Continuous sitting, keyboard use/repetitive hand motion