Intern - Laboratory Assistant - Iowa
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Microbac serves our clients with the utmost expertise and respect for their market requirements, constraints and challenges. We embody a company-wide commitment to exceptional customer experience, which has been refined over nearly 50 years of trusted, analytical and measurement experience.
Through our network of laboratories, offices, and field services, we have the flexibility to meet the unique requirements for each client, project and scope.
As a privately held third-party testing company, Microbac operates with a commitment to safety, quality and compliance. Our diverse work portfolio includes broad accreditation offerings and tested insights across the environmental, food and life science markets.
The Intern is responsible for supporting the overall operation of the laboratory by performing various, non-technical functions and administrative tasks consisting of, but not limited to, preparing media and samples for analysis, washing and sterilizing laboratory equipment and instrumentation, entering data into software systems, and preparing individual sample kits for customers.
- Execute a variety of non-technical but essential laboratory tasks necessary to complete testing projects in accordance with quality guidelines and assigned turnaround times
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of the laboratory, instrumentation and equipment (i.e.; cleans and sterilizes glassware)
- Assist with the shipping, receiving, labeling, logging, tracking and storage of test samples
- Assist with media and/or sample preparation
- Follows all established procedures and protocols
- Supports the quality and safety programs
- Administrative functions such as filing paperwork, photocopying, scanning, emailing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- Above average attention to detail
- Ability to measure quantities of liquids and other substances for test preparation purposes
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
BusinessView all jobs at Microbac