Field Technician I
Microbac Laboratories, Inc. is a premier commercial laboratory testing firm that partners with clients worldwide, offering laboratory solutions to the life science, food and nutrition, and environmental industries and serves our clients with the utmost expertise and respect for their market requirements, constraints and challenges. We embody a company-wide commitment to exceptional customer experience, which has been refined over nearly 50 years of trusted, analytical and measurement experience.
Through our network of laboratories, offices, and field services, we have the flexibility to meet the unique requirements for each client, project and scope.
As a privately held third-party testing company, Microbac operates with a commitment to safety, quality and compliance. Our diverse work portfolio includes broad accreditation offerings and tested insights across the environmental, food and nutrition and life science markets.
We are seeking a Courier for our laboratory located in Marietta, OH. Operating company vehicles, Couriers travel to client locations to collect pre-packaged samples of food and food products and deliver them to our laboratory. Upon pick up, Couriers are expected to thoroughly document their pickups and store the samples in accordance to our SOPs to ensure the integrity of the samples during transit.
This is a full-time position, offering competitive pay and a full suite of company benefits. No experience required. Must be over 21, have a clean driving record, and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Working under the direction of the Field Service Manager, Field Technicians and Couriers support the overall operation of the laboratory by ensuring samples are picked up, stored and delivered to the designated laboratory locations in an efficient and timely manner while following all established SOP’s and safety guidelines.
- Safely and efficiently operate a company vehicle to drive to and from client locations for the purposes of retrieving samples and then deliver them to the laboratory
- Promote the Company’s brand through professional interactions with clients and observable safe driving practices
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Sample pick-up on a planned schedule according to customer requirements
- Maintain storage of samples in accordance with established SOP’s
- Ensure legal documentation is complete and accurate (i.e.; Chain of Custody Forms)
- Maintain regular communication with internal management regarding samples, schedules, customer requirements, problems, delays, and/or complaints
- Observe all applicable roadway laws
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Company vehicle
- Maintain accurate logs, records and other documentation as required
- Prepare sample containers to be delivered and used by customers to collect samples
- Ensure samples are labeled appropriately and assist with sample log-in efforts
- Set up and operate sample collection instrumentation
- Provide technical assistance to customers within realm of capabilities; or refer to senior management
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
- Above average attention to detail
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a Company vehicle and observe all applicable safety protocols and laws
- Clean driving record (over previous 36 months)
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 21 years of age
Physical requirements will be shared during the interview process and reasonable accommodations made within the scope of the position for those with disabilities as applicable by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.