Associate Scientist I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Microbac serves our clients with the utmost expertise and respect for their market requirements, constraints and challenges. We embody a company-wide commitment to exceptional customer experience, which has been refined over nearly 50 years of trusted, analytical and measurement experience.
Through our network of laboratories, offices, and field services, we have the flexibility to meet the unique requirements for each client, project and scope.
As a privately held third-party testing company, Microbac operates with a commitment to safety, quality and compliance. Our diverse work portfolio includes broad accreditation offerings and tested insights across the environmental, food and nutrition and life science markets.
Note: This is a Seasonal Position (90-days) with the potential transition to a Full Time Position (see Job Summary for shift hours).
The Associate Scientist I, working in an accredited commercial laboratory in Sterling, VA, provides a variety of routine scientific tasks under close supervision. Receives specific and detailed instructions as to required tasks and results expected. The initial shift will be Mon - Friday from 8 am - 4:30 pm (5 x 8 hour work days). After initial training (approximately 3-4 months), we may change the shift to Monday - Thursday, 6 am - 4:30 pm (4 x 10 hour work days).
- Following established SOP’s and adhering to state, federal and other accrediting body requirements, prepare and process samples, and collect data to support the testing needs of clients, for such purposes as product development, product marketing, and regulatory submission.
- Prepare necessary standards, solutions, reagents, media, and client samples for evaluation
- Utilize specialized laboratory equipment and instrumentation to process samples
- Perform equipment and instrumentation set up
- Accurately record observations and data and basic interpretation of data
- Maintain the integrity of procedures and record professional activity for peer review
- Maintain accurate, up to date logs, notebooks and equipment records
- Perform necessary laboratory administrative functions such as laboratory maintenance, filing paperwork, photocopying, reviewing of data
- Comply with and promote Safety, and Quality programs
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in an applied science from a four-year college or university; or two to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of principles, terminology, practices, techniques and instrumentation commonly used in a laboratory setting
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and manage time to meet deadlines and rush orders
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work with delicate laboratory equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal formats
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
ScienceView all jobs at Microbac
Get fresh Manager Market Research jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.