Manufacturing Line Maintenance Technician II
INNOVATION STARTS WITH YOU
Are you interested in working for an organization that is making a difference in people's lives every day? We're a high-growth company, customer-focused with an entrepreneurial spirit producing some of the most reliable and technologically advanced products supported by proven clinical data. Take a closer look at what MicroVention TERUMO has to offer.
Leads all maintenance functions of production equipment in the assigned area. Work includes routine inspection and repair or replacement of defective or faulty parts on machines and related equipment. All work to be performed in such a matter to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay. This position is expected to take a proactive role in supporting the mfg team, provide internal customer support, and build a high level of trust with internal customers and QA/Mfg personnel. In addition, this position is expected to identify and execute tasks that enhance the ability of the team to provide an added value line maintenance service for the site and provide guidance and direction on maintenance technical issues, as well as assist in providing innovative, creative, effective, and long-term solutions related to mfg line maintenance and repair. Typical duties include:
- Maintain all assigned test equipment and assuring equipment is in calibration
- Perform equipment preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair duties
- When necessary, coordinate maintenance/repair of equipment between cross-functional operation and 3rd Parties
- Ensure timely turn-around time on all equipment maintenance and repair services
- Generate and maintain appropriate work-related records, such as maintenance work orders, IQ/OQ reports, PM schedules & checklists, and the like.
- Assist in maintaining equipment asset data
- Write and update procedures to ensure efficiency, standardization, and accuracy or repair/maintenance services
- Work with production on a daily basis to coordinate appropriate course of action to maximize uptime and quality performance of respective area.
- Use tools and equipment to repair or modify parts and equipment
- Supports engineers in equipment or process validation studies.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and repair equipment, such as:
- Electrical Control Technology
- AC and DC Motors & Drives
- Breakers and fuses
- Industrial Wiring
- Power Supplies
- Industrial Ethernet Networks
- Robotics Controls
- Must have ability to read and understand electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic schematics and mechanical assembly drawings:
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
- Pressure and Flow Controls
- Cylinders, valves, pumps, etc.
- Drive Systems
- Motion control systems
- Process Control Technology
- Pressure Transducers/Switches
Aliso Viejo, California, USA
328 Manufacturing Line Maintenance
1. Technical school education or equivalent education/experience.
2. Strong background in machine maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
3. Knowledge and experience working with machine control systems, including PLC's (Panasonic, AB, Mitsubishi, etc.), servo controls, and Variable Speed Drives, including vision systems
4. Good understanding of GMP's with experience in a med device mfg environment
5. 3-5 years related experience
6. Medical device industry experience preferred
7. Experience with reading and preparing technical documentation a must
8. Experience with quality management systems
1. Analyze, investigate and help solve technical issues involving mfg equipment
2. Flexible to work nights and weekends if necessary.
3. Ability to work independently and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
4. Excellent interpersonal, listening and verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
5. Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
6. Ability to promote effective working relationships at all levels and create a positive work environment
7. Ability to collaborate with others in a team based environment and maintain a high degree of personal credibility
8. Requires excellent attention to detail
9. Proficient in using personal computers and a working knowledge of software such as MS Excel and Word
- The primary work location for this position is Aliso Viejo, CA.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship.
- For more information, visit our web site at www.microvention.com
MicroVention TERUMO as founded in 1997, employs approximately 2400 worldwide, and had 20% revenue growth in 2015. Recognized as one of the "Top Workplaces" in Orange County, California two years in a row, and we have a thriving culture that is innovative, customer-focused, clinically driven, demonstrates a team spirit, and empowers its employees to challenge the status quo. "MicroVention TERUMO . Innovation Starts with You."
Manufacturing Line Maintenance Technician II
US - United States
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.