Tier II Windows Systems Administrator (MRPT Clearance required)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MicroHealth is seeking a Windows Cloud Systems Administrator to support our team in Washington D.C.
MRPT Clearance required!
On site work will be required!
The successful candidate will be part of a cloud engineering team that will setup, deploy, configure, secure (STIG) and monitor multiple cots products within AWS and Azure. The vast majority of operating systems will be Windows Server. The predominant database is SQL Server and web server is IIS. The rest are applications from COTS vendors operate on this infrastructure which the COTS vendor will deploy and configure. However, the sustainment and ongoing maintenance will be performed by the candidate which the COTS vendor will provide training. The applications housed in Azure runs in service fabric therefore, support by the candidate will be limited to Azure infrastructure tasks such as configuring and monitoring Azure Firewall, defender, policy, advisor among other security related tools. Given the split cloud infrastructure, the candidate will need to be strongly familiar with the tools of the respective environment that serve the same purpose but separate implementations. For example firewalls or networking for Azure and AWS. There are a number of tools used on this team and though you may not have the specific toolset experience, something comparable is acceptable. Therefore, you should be familiar with installing, configuring and monitoring Security Configuration Audit tools like Tenable, host based intrusion detection like Wazuh, end point detection and response tools like Crowdstrike or defender, network detection and response tools like Ironnet.
Duties: Specifically, the System Administrator will:
- Administer Windows Server 2019 virtual machines hosted in AWS
- Configure and maintain Active Directory, Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server 2019, and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Troubleshoot Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software products, web services, and APIs
- Harden systems in accordance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Execute vulnerability scans via Tenable, assess results, and remediate vulnerabilities as needed for system compliance
- Troubleshoot any access problems and implement network security policies and application security, access control and corporate data safeguards and monitor patch management to ensure network equipment and operating systems are protected against vulnerabilities
- Configuring and supporting security tools such as anti-virus software and patch management systems
- Monitor system events via SIEM and Endpoint Protection to provide a secure environment and mitigate risks
- Develop PowerShell scripts to automate system tasks
- Track work items and project tasks in Azure DevOps
- Contribute to system documentation and customer deliverables
- Cloud system administration in Azure and AWS
- Active Directory, Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server 2019, and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Windows Server Hardening
- PowerShell scripting
- Security tools like HIDS, NDR, EDR, and SEIM along with cloud native tools like AWS & Azure Firewall and Defender.
- Experience with infrastructure as code using Terraform is preferred
- Experience in Azure DevOps preferred though similar environment acceptable
- Relevant certifications like MCSA, MCSD, MCSE, AWS Certification and/or Microsoft Azure Certification preferred
- Bachelors Degree in related field
Clearance: Required clearance for this position is MRPT.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may lift or move objects up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your request and contact information.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate employees or qualified applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Visit https://www.microhealthllc.com to learn more.
TechnologyView all jobs at MicroHealth, LLC
Get fresh Windows Systems jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.