Network Security Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MicroHealth is seeking a Network Security Engineer to support the Maryland Judiciary Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) to actively participate in planning and coordinating the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network security systems to ensure stable, scalable, redundant, and secure 24x7 network op. This opportunity is contingent upon interview and approval by the AOC customer.
Location: Remote at a place deemed suitable. On-site support may be required to manage network outages, security threats, or critical initiatives. As designated by the Judiciary’s Chief Technology Officer, the employee must be able to report in Annapolis, MD, on-site within four (4) hours after notification.
- Core Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 5:00PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) with the flexibility to extend the coverage hours to meet deadlines.
Network Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively identifying organization requirements, and helping to design, and engineer implementations that best serve the needs.
- Performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of data security networks.
- Providing assessment, design and implementation services of data and secure networking environments.
- Developing comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively managing the implementation process from design to acceptance.
- Assisting internal groups through capacity planning, maintaining, monitoring and review ofsecure data communications networks.
- Leading migrations or assisting a team of engineers who will migrate traditional/legacy network security platforms to current/next generation technologies and expose customers to the full life `cycle of defense in depth solutions.
- Assisting network engineers in troubleshooting critical problems or threat remediation relating to network security products.
- Working with the engineering team to successfully implement configuration guidelines, change management, and standard operating procedures for secure network solutions.
- Leading, scheduling, providing guidance and coordinating the activities with other team members to resolve end user problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Generating weekly status reports including project progress, key milestones, and tasks accomplished, etc.
- Hosting weekly status meetings/calls with team or on as needed basis.
- Lifting personal computers, printers, scanners, and other equipment associated with a standard computer workstation.
Reporting as follows:
- (1) Weekly report communicating project progress and status,
- (2) Weekly time reporting on JIS provided forms, and
- (3) Any additional reports as assigned by the supervising manager
Network Security Engineer Requirements:
- Education/Certifications: Minimum: Associate degree in an Information Technology (IT) related field.
- Experience Required:
- Eight (8) years of technical experience in IT networking and network security.
- Possess active (i.e., not expired) certifications as follows:
- (1) Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA) Certification.
- (2) Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Enterprise or Security Certification.
- Ten (10) years of technical experience in IT networking and security.
- Certifications issued within the last four (4) years as follows:
- (1) Prisma Certified Cloud Security Engineer (PCCSE) Certification from Palo Alto Networks.
- (2) Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) Certification.
- (3) Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) in Enterprise Infrastructure or Security Certification.
- Five (5) years of experience in the following:
- (1) Palo Alto Networks next generation firewall services.
- (2) Intrusion Detection and Prevention with Palo Alto networks.
- (3) Content Filtering Palo Alto networks.
- (4) Virtual Private Networks using Palo Alto network systems.
- Four (4) years of experience in Complex switching, routing, wireless with Cisco Systems.
- Three (3) years of experience in Reverse Proxies, Load Balancing with A10 networks.
- Two (2) years of experience in Network Access Control - Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Free Radius, and Access Control Lists (ACLs).
General Experience With The Following:
- (1) Implementing multifactor authentication solutions with Microsoft.
- (2) Authentication standards - (802.1x) in wired and wireless applications.
- (3) Scalable routing protocols Enhance Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path Fist (OSPF), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).
- (4) Enterprise Data Center implementing Micro segmentation.
- (5) Certificate Management, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- (6) Vulnerability management using Nessus, NMAP, Windows, Unix, and Linux OS
- (7) experience with Packet/Protocol Analysis using Opnet, Riverbed, Wireshark, and taps.
- (8) Hands-on mid-expert level experience Experience with Centralized Management using Panorama and SolarWinds Excellent verbal communication skills.
Behaviors: Ability to communicate effectively, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, end users and vendor development staff, as well as all levels of management and judicial personnel as necessary. Strong attention to detail. Ability to react quickly and effectively to needs and priorities. Must demonstrate honesty, integrity, and appreciation of differing opinions and perspectives, and be responsible, accountable, and collaborative.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may lift or move objects up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
MicroHealth will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran and ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your request and contact information.
Visit https://www.microhealthllc.com to learn more.
TechnologyView all jobs at MicroHealth, LLC
Get fresh Network Security Support Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!