IT Server Administrator (Linux experience required)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MicroHealth is seeking a IT Server Administrator with Linux server experience to support our growing IT Department at our HQ in Vienna, VA.
Some on site work will be required at our HQ in Tysons Corner - to be able to come to the office when needed for physical activities such as hardware changes.
The Sr. Server Engineer will be responsible for managing our server and network infrastructures.
The Sr. Server Engineer's responsibilities will include helping lead our IT team, monitoring system performance, and configuring new software and hardware. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various operating systems.
- Manage and maintain moderately complex system environments.
- Configure internal systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Assist and lead IT team
- Upgrade the network infrastructure
- Install servers, devices, and firewalls
- Monitor the performance of servers, software, and hardware
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications
- Update technical documentation
- OS’s - CentOS7, CentOS8, RHEL 8, Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian, and MS Windows Server configuration
- AWS - Ability to build EC2 instances, set up LoadBalancers, S3, RDS
- Azure/Active Directory
- Docker - Build docker containers, clusters
- VirtualBox, Cockpit, VMWare ESXi 7, Proxmox for standing up images, and Free IPA for ID Mgmt
- Standing up servers from scratch with dependencies such as - Ruby (RoR), Redis, MYSQL, MariaDB, Java, Nginx, Apache, etc.
- Building and configuring local servers - Experience with hardware, BIOS, server configuration, power configuration, server maintenance/security
- Monitoring systems using Checkmk, Wazuh, Tailscale, Patch mgmt. and Ansible for software upgrades
- Minimum Years’ Experience: 8
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- Linux systems experience is a MUST!
- Leadership experience; Managing and mentoring junior to mid-level IT team members
- Working with Federal security standards and requirements
- Good knowledge of networking protocols
- Experience supporting Federal IT office (security and infrastructure teams)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may lift or move objects up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
MicroHealth will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran and ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and contact information.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at MicroHealth, LLC
Get fresh Linux Server Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.