Help Desk Manager- Application Support
- $90,000 to $110,000 Yearly
MicroHealth is seeking an experienced Help Desk Manager to provide management and on-going application technical support for its end-users. The Help Desk Manager will help develop, lead and motivate a high-performance team of Service Desk professionals to deliver excellent technical support with a high degree of customer satisfaction and timeliness. The Help Desk Manager’s role is to oversee all Help Desk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance.
This position is 100% on-site.
- Manage the help desk team, serving as a Subject Matter Expert on user accounts, applications, help desk ticketing systems (e.g., Jira, ServiceNow, Ticket Tracker, etc.), and asset tracking.
- Provide day to day oversight for the help desk operation to ensure incidents and service requests and escalations are dealt with in a timely manner
- Responsible for managing the life cycle of all issues, primary objective are: to prevent problems and resulting incidents from happening, to eliminate recurring incidents, and to minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented.
- In addition to personally tending to high-level problem resolution, ensure continuity of service by administering staff schedules and on-call shifts, developing and refining resolution processes to reduce turnaround times, and fostering a collaborative, cooperative atmosphere
- Maintain and update knowledgebase resources, such as “How-tos”, templates, etc.
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints and following up with end-users to identify areas of improvement.
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process.
- Develop monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity.
- Provide support to CONUS and OCONUS users using a help desk ticketing system, while escalating tickets as necessary to the appropriate support teams.
- Developing a performance measurements framework and facilitating a feedback system to team members on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills
- Create and maintain quality indicators of department's services for problem and change activities
- Responsible managing and monitoring SLAs on the contract
- Maintain and update onboarding documentation and processes for new hires
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field
- Minimum eight (8) years' experience in IT Service Management and/or Desktop Support
- Extensive experience with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLA)
- Demonstrated project management experience, and experience with MS Project or similar project management tools
- Strong analytical, time management, and communication skills necessary to team with system owners, system administrators (both internal and external)
- Demonstrated experience with ITIL's Incident Management and Request Fulfilment practices. Candidate must have knowledge of ITIL's Problem, Configuration, and Change Management practices.
- Experience developing training, SOPs, and providing training to users with various skill levels
- Experience and demonstrated ability to write clear and accurate technical and end user documentation
- Experience troubleshooting a wide range of IT problems at Tiers 1, 2, and 3
- Experience with help desk ticketing systems, designing a service desk framework and building a service desk team
- Experience working with electronic health record (EHR) systems preferred
- Demonstrated experience presenting to, and communicating with, corporate and government leadership to provide updates and resolve issues
- Ability to perform problem management, including root cause analysis, so solve reoccurring operational issues
- Knowledge of ITIL is a plus.
- Secret Clearance is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may lift or move objects up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
MicroHealth will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran and ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you need reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your request and contact information.
Visit https://www.microhealthllc.com to learn more.
Outstanding upper management, great benefits and room to grow!
At MicroHealth, we help agencies solve their most pressing IT needs. We specialize in supporting federal partners within the ever-changing federal health IT landscape. For example, we help the Army provide medical simulation training to recreate battlefield environments and improve battlefield care. Additionally, we help make it easier for healthcare providers at the Department of Defense and Veterans Affairs to search through electronic data to make faster, more informed patient care decisions. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for energetic and creative problem-solvers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and work together to make a difference in federal health IT. We balance heads-down work with taking time to get to know our colleagues and having fun along the way. Our employees agree and have repeatedly named us a Top Workplace. Learn more at www.microhealthllc.com. MicroHealth is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOSB) and Small Business Administration (8a) firm.
MicroHealth, LLCVienna, VA
WebsiteView All MicroHealth, LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.