Health Business Analyst
MicroHealth, LLC Vienna, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MicroHealth is seeking a Health Business Analyst to support the clinical enterprise reporting and analytics environment at our HQ in Vienna, VA.
some travel required: Rockville, MD and Albuquerque, NM
The Health Business Analyst will be a key contributor to the consulting team at different phases of the project including discovery, solution generation, design/architecture, and the detailing of the overall process. You will be involved in the recommendation, configuration, evaluation, and deployment of high-quality solutions that enable our clients to meet the changing needs of the global landscape.
- Gathering, organizing, and evaluating relevant information, such as financial statements, vendor contracts, and EHR system specifications.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders and conducting interviews as necessary to understand current practices and determine possible areas for improvement.
- Drawing up alternative plans and solutions for possible implementation, e.g., zeroing in on a new EHR provider or recommending technology to help with system interoperability.
- Assisting with project management at multiple stages, including the research, testing and implementation of new systems and products; may also guide software development.
- Performing technical tasks such as creating business requirements documents, user training manuals and guides, and requirements traceability matrices.
- Delivering written and verbal presentations to an organization’s leadership to communicate key findings and updates on business process adjustments.
- Conducting in-depth data analysis, using spreadsheets or more specialized tools such as project management software and traceability solutions.
- Periodically reviewing the progress of any recommended and implemented changes to see if they’re still on track, and repeating the above steps as needed to ensure continuous improvement.
- Document processes and work collaboratively with cross functional teams to inform technical solution implementation including configuration specifications
- Conduct analysis of external systems to determine ability to meet business requirements
- Support system configuration and implementation planning
- Develop plans, monitor deliverables, and ensure timely completion
- Degree in Business, Computer Science, Nursing, Medical, Healthcare Informatics or related field
- Master's Degree Preferred
- 5+ years of clinical and information technology experience
- Possesses a solid understanding of clinical practices and federal and state healthcare regulations.
- Familiarity with EHR (Electronic Health Records) and EMR (Electronic Medical records).
- Utilizes a blend of clinical and technical expertise in demonstrating an ability to understand client business initiatives and identify optimal solutions to meet their needs
- Recognizes problems or situations that are new and proactively engages with key team members to solve problems and institute changes
- Experience collaborating with business partners from multiple disciplines to elicit, document, prepare and manage business requirements
- Experience writing User Story, Business Requirement Document, Functional Requirement Document and Use cases
- Should have solid experience of establishing meaningful traceability between related requirements
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Thrives under pressure and completes tasks within deadlines and per expectations, often within difficult/challenging situations
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Implements strong program management practices (change requests, issue management, risk management and decision tracking) and contributes to standard client implementation, methodologies and management best practices other work-related duties as assigned
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may lift or move objects up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
MicroHealth will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles, and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran and ensure that all employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your request and contact information.
Visit https://www.microhealthllc.com to learn more.
MicroHealth, LLCWhy Work Here?
Outstanding upper management, great benefits and lots of room to grow!
MicroHealth, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that specializes in health information technology and health information management. At MicroHealth, we believe health information technology is less about the technology. It's about the PEOPLE empowered with the information to make better decisions; the VALUE it brings to patients, providers, public health and payers; and INNOVATION that improves patient outcomes. Simply put, we put 'health' back into health information technology. This is accomplished through a dedicated team of seasoned health experts, including dentists, physicians, health care providers, nurses, pharmacists, psychologists, medical logisticians among other allied health professionals that ensure your health needs are met using technology as a catalyst. We are a small disadvantaged business 8(a), and Virginia certified small disadvantaged minority-owned business with process maturity appraised at CMMI-DEV Level 3, CMMI-SVC Level 3,and certified in ISO 27001:2013, ISO 20000-1:2011 and ISO 9001:2015. Visit https://www.microhealthllc.com to learn more.