- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Business Analyst
We are looking for a seasoned IT Business Analyst to join our growing team in Las Vegas, Nevada. You will report directly to our CIO and work across all business functions. This role will be responsible for analyzing, recommending, and defining business requirements to implement new solutions and enhance existing processes, products, and services. You will be responsible for engaging with business partners to understand their objectives, operations, and customer needs. You will act as a conduit between business groups and IT to ensure alignment to MRG's strategic goals and objectives.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will regularly help business stakeholders prioritize projects, conduct fit-gap analysis, define new system requirements, and conduct ROI analysis. Your role is to ensure that the IT team and business teams are working on projects and initiatives that are aligned with MRG's business objectives and yield the highest return on investment.
- Analyzes business processes, products, services, and IT solutions, recommending new models and areas to improve in line with business goals, project objectives, and scope.
- Identifies opportunities for new solutions and provides potential solutions to improve existing systems, products, and services.
- Prepares and delivers business / technology change proposals to stakeholders, project managers, and IT team leaders with comprehensive risk and impact assessments.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal IT teams and 3 rd party suppliers to deliver projects and ensure solutions meet defined business requirements.
- Oversees and proposes the implementation of process improvements across the business functions and the IT organization.
- Carries out training sessions, change management activities, workshops, and quality checks to guide relevant teams.
- Creates and maintains RAID logs, identifies risks / issues, and proposes risk mitigation plans.
- Supports IT teams in the management of development requests and software release schedules via tools used for software development (e.g. Jira Software, Jira Service Manager, Asana, etc.).
- Utilizes company best practices and methodologies across business engagement, project management, and software development lifecycle.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent degree/experience.
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in retail or F&B business with a proven Business Analyst background.
- Excellent understanding of IT processes and associated skills. Ideally having worked with both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies.
- Ability to collaborate across cross functional teams of corporate and field resources.
- Exceptional communication skills appropriate for executive-level audiences, with ability to communicate goals of the IT program, its relationship to business goals, and other relevant success criteria.
- Ability to seek out information, quickly build networks, and form consensus amongst teams.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and command respect from existing teams.
- Strong business and financial acumen, with the ability to determine areas of opportunity through the analysis of financial data, KPIs, and other metrics.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment and able to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Establishes and maintains constructure and collaborative relationships with all areas of the business.
- Demonstrates pragmatic judgement, balancing risks and business value to reach decisions which are well informed and actionable.
- Proactive in planning to achieve targets and objectives which deliver profitable outcomes.
- Continuously and proactively improves the quality of service delivered to all customers (external & internal) and business partners.
- Continually asks what more could be done and inspires others to do the same.
- Experience in retail, F&B, logistics, FMCG, or Client.
- Strong working knowledge of our core IT systems, such as, Oracle Xstore, Aptos, Oracle Retail, and Great Plains.
- Proficient with software tools, such as, Jira Software for managing EPICs, stories, tasks, and creating reports/dashboards, Asana for project management, and PowerBI for data analysis.
- Experience supporting a 24/7 retail business and able to travel with limited notice.
- Possess an understanding of IT SDLC processes for software development
MicroData Systems, Inc.
AddressLas Vegas, NV
Get fresh Senior Business Systems Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!