MicroCare, LLC., based in New Britain, CT was established to meet the demand for perfectly clean products in electronics and the metal finishing industries. The first MicroCare, LLC., critical cleaning products were aerosol solvents for defluxing circuit boards.
Today MicroCare, LLC., serves customers in electronics, assembly, medical device manufacturing, aerospace and military applications, photonics, injection molding, additive manufacturing, telecommunications and other important markets.
MicroCare, LLC is looking for a Director of Manufacturing to manage all phases of manufacturing operations, including production, employee training, preventative maintenance, inventory, safety, health and environmental standards while working with the annual budget.
- Hire, train, manage and mentor Leads/Line Technicians. Create performance reviews with goals and meet with Technicians monthly to identify and develop individual talent, gage growth from performance goals and document accordingly.
- Communicate daily schedule to the Lead Line Technicians and ensure proper staffing of Lines to meet scheduled production.
- Provide ongoing training to Leads and Line Technicians to increase employee engagement, development and performance. Identify and nurture individual employee strengths for growth track.
- Partner with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure reported equipment issues are rectified to maintain maximum uptime and schedule repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain and drive safety practices, records and metrics for facility with Maintenance Supervisor and VP to comply with OSHA, local, state and federal regulations including hazard communication program.
- Partner with Procurement, Finance, Customer Relations, Shipping, Quality and the Lab.
- Working within MRP produce and maintain production requirements and guide Manager of Manufacturing Processes / Scheduler to create future manufacturing schedules within ERP system.
- Review product data to collaborate with Product Development team for new product future projections.
- Direct annual budgeting process in association with the Vice President of Manufacturing.
- Run Chempax (ERP) reports to provide analysis of established production metrics.
- Maintain / Report monthly KPI’s and implement measures to improve efficiency.
- Oversees various ISO 9001-2015 policies and procedures relating to designated departments.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Management or equivalent exp. required. Masters or MBA preferred.
- 7 years’ experience in complex manufacturing (ideally Chemical) organization in roles of increasing responsibility in P&L and leading people.
- Strong knowledge of Lean, Just-In-time, 5S and Six Sigma Principles. Six Sigma Green or Black Belt preferred.
- Prior experience and understanding of machinery operations, and a strong
- Ability to motivate a diverse workforce, Bilingual Spanish big plus.
- Strong organizational, time management and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, MRP and ERP systems. (Ideally Chempax)
- Forklift Certification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. required.
- Frequently stands, walks, stoops, crouches, climbs, pushes, and pulls.
- Work environment subject to seasonal temperature variation.
- Continuous keyboard use/repetitive hand motion.