MicroAutomation is seeking a Controller who will be reporting directly to the VP of Finance and Administration. The Controller has overall responsibility for the day to day accounting and accounting systems of the Company. The position involves hands-on responsibilities in the areas of general ledger update and maintenance, billing, accounts payable, payroll, budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, revenue recognition, the monthly close, production of the monthly reporting package, and various HR duties.
In addition, the Controller is the key liaison between the payroll and benefits provider (ADP), the 401k provider (TD Ameritrade), and the provider of the accounting and timecard tracking system (Deltek). The Controller will also be responsible for the administration of the company’s benefits and have oversight of the Office Administrator who provides bookkeeping and HR assistance for the Finance and Administration team.
Candidates must be able to commute to the Centreville, VA office on a regular basis.
- Maintain general ledger and overall books and records on an accrual basis in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- In concert with senior management, develop, maintain, and update appropriate policies and procedures/internal controls for all aspects of the accounting function.
- Ownership of monthly and annual closing process, including account reconciliations for all key accounts on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of monthly and YTD financial statements, including profit and loss statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Preparation of budget v. actual reports on a monthly and YTD basis, including explanation of all significant variations.
- Ownership/development of Deltek financial reports and dashboards, including key performance indicators, utilization statistics, profitability by solutions, project accounting data, etc.
- Review financial performance and forecasts with VP of Finance and Administration and CEO on a monthly basis.
- Cash forecasting/reporting.
- Ownership of weekly billing process.
- Ownership of process for payment of all accounts payable.
- Ownership of payroll.
- Serve as primary liaison with the Company’s PEO (ADP), for processing of semi-monthly payroll and ensure timely filing of related payroll filings.
- Take ownership of Company’s Excel based budget/forecasting model – update with senior management on a monthly basis.
- Work with senior management to prepare annual budget
- Manage and coordinate the annual tax review for the Company’s tax return
- Review company benefits annually and seek opportunities to improve coverage and cost.
- Various HR and admin duties, as well as special projects that may be assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting
- Experience with GAAP reporting including ASC 606 - Revenue Recognition
- Experience in the software industry
- Experience with Deltek Ajera accounting software
Why Work Here?MicroAutomation is an industry-leading contact center and 911 technology company that specializes in operations, process, design, and execution. Through the years, we have assembled an expert team with extensive experience in the telephony, software, and call center industries. On a daily basis our technical team designs, develops, and implements customer call center solutions worldwide in industries including commercial, healthcare, government, and 9-1-1. Millions of people throughout the country experience superior service and more efficient calls, powered by our technology.
Join this rapidly growing company as their technology makes waves in the market!