Design Engineer - $100k
Micro Tech Staffing - Rhode Island / Dartmouth East Providence, RI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sr. Design Engineer is responsible for the execution of all facets of design engineering projects throughout the product lifecycle. From concept design through production, the Sr. Design Engineer works collaboratively with all business functions to ensure a successful product launch to meet our customer’s demanding sealing needs.
This key project owner will manage all daily tasks within the engineering services through the assigned Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and technical support resources which range from customer product inquiries which initiate the product development process to any existing legacy application issues from our installed customer base. This role will also personally own and manage assigned key initiatives within the business operations by supporting various functions with product material inquires, manufacturing challenges, quality processes, and evolving supply chain developments.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation and analysis of mechanical rotary face seals primarily used in the secondary power systems for the aerospace industry and other adjacent markets.
- Responsible for 3D modeling, drawing creation, reverse engineering, and component selection.
- Provides engineering, manufacturing and project management support.
- Evaluates our products, parts, procedures and processes for affectivity and reliability.
- Develops and executes test plans as required, including test rig design, operation and data collection as necessary.
- Prepares data-driven engineering reports for internal and external customers as needed.
- Researches and analyzes customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Interacts with other departments, customers and suppliers as required.
- Candidate follows in house engineering processes and will assist in the creation and improvement of companywide process documentation.
- Recommend & implement process and product changes in support of internal & external customer(s)
- Computer skills to include all Microsoft office applications, engineering CAD (Solid-works), FEA/FEMA, project/time management software such as Outlook for effective time management.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent with 3-8 years’ relevant experience in a related field which is directly applicable to the field of mechanical seals is required.
- Experienced in 3D modeling and conducting FEA using SolidWorks or an equivalent system, is highly desirable.
- Experience in the testing of mechanical rotary face seals or other mechanical equipment is highly desirable.
- Familiar with a variety of sealing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- General knowledge or working experience of gearboxes, transmissions and accessories is desirable.
- Knowledge of AS9100 and ITAR regulations preferred
Micro Tech Staffing - Rhode Island / DartmouthWhy Work Here?
Great JOB opportunities! We look forward to hearing from you! CALL TODAY!
Micro Tech Staffing Group is one of the top technical staffing firms in New England, and along the Eastern Seaboard. Since 1985 we have taken great pride in providing quality staffing services to businesses in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, and Finance & Administration. With offices in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North Carolina and Georgia Micro Tech places an average of 2,000 highly-skilled employees daily.
AddressEast Providence, RI