Looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team for a 1st shift position. Pay range $75k-$85k Salary.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems and system software. Knowledge of Micro Focus Open Enterprise Server and Zenworks, is a plus.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux servers including an understanding of applicable security principles related to server hardening.
- Expertise in system administration practices and troubleshooting including but not limited to installation, configuration, deployment, security, maintenance, root cause analysis, and backup enterprise services.
- Strong shell scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python). Virtual machine configuration and management using KVM.
- Experience in disaster recovery planning / methodologies highly preferred.
- System Administration experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Network administration, including switch and firewall configuration and management.
- Help design, implement, maintain, and support all Linux related systems, servers, and related components.
- Operating system installation, patching, upgrades, account monitoring, and other administration related functions necessary to ensure system availability, reliability, security, and performance.
- Builds and maintains Linux servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of systems.
- Manages user account information, including rights, security and systems groups (Linux, eDirectory).
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies to optimize the Linux operating system environment.
- Manage, set-up, administer, support, and troubleshoot Linux servers.
- Install and test hardware and software.
- Perform upgrades to system hardware and software components as required.
- Write shell scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Maintains software license compliance.
Micro Tech Staffing - Hudson
Why Work Here?Micro Tech Staffing Group is one of the top technical staffing firms in New England, and along the Eastern Seaboard. Since 1985 we have taken great pride in providing quality staffing services to businesses in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, and Finance & Administration. With offices in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North Carolina and Georgia Micro Tech places an average of 2,000 highly-skilled employees daily.