Human Resources Generalist
Micro Tech Staffing - CT Shelton, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Seeking an energetic, people-oriented Payroll and Benefits Specialist. The Payroll and Benefits Specialist supports for payroll, benefits, 401K, billing, and compliance needs. You will be developing and maintaining effective and efficient payroll administration and payroll / benefits procedures. Provides accurate and meaningful communication with all levels of the organization as it relates to the area of Payroll and Benefits related topics.
- Administer weekly and bi-weekly payroll processing using HRIS system, tracking all regular and ad-hoc deductions, changes and adjustments; respond to payroll inquiries from staff and vendors
- Process and manage benefits enrollments, 401K, billing, changes, verification; maintain employee database, files, compliance for on-boarding and off boarding new and terminating personnel
- Process all new hires and enter information into the HRIS system, and employee information changes in HRIS system (payroll changes, address changes, etc.)
- Executes new hire paperwork, complete enrollments and on-boarding, as well as off-boarding and paperwork for terminating personnel
- Monitor and ensure accurate completion of time-cards weekly, create and distribute monthly attendance reports to management, evaluate and escalate trends or problems regarding attendance, address all leave-of-absence requests (medical, personal, workers' compensation, disability, FMLA, PFL or unpaid leave) and execute, monitor and track all corresponding paperwork
- Verify the calculation of and process billing for premium statements for all group insurance and benefit offering policies; maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs; resolve administrative problems or changes with the carrier representatives
- Administer, monitor and track medical/paid leave/disability/unemployment/workers' compensation claims, qualifying life event changes to benefits ensuring timely communication with personnel, management and vendors; ensure all legal compliance are up to date: ACA reporting, mandated posters and notifications
- Respond to state disability and workers comp claims.
- Other tasks as assigned
- At least 5 years of experience administering payroll, benefits, time-card tracking, FLSA/PFL/ACA regulations for exempt and non-exempt employees;
- Extraordinary organization skills with meticulous attention to detail while ensuring security of files, data management and other confidential communications
- Ability to collect and manage qualitative and quantitative data; experience creating reports in Excel
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Superb communication skills, able to communicate in a timely and appropriate fashion with a professional and compassionate approach
Micro Tech Staffing - CTWhy Work Here?
Great Opportunity in a growing stable company in a "Team Environment"
Micro Tech Staffing Group is one of the top technical staffing firms in New England, and along the Eastern Seaboard. Since 1985 we have taken great pride in providing quality staffing services to businesses in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, and Finance & Administration. With offices in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North Carolina and Georgia Micro Tech places an average of 2,000 highly-skilled employees daily.