The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for implementing, supporting, and monitoring emerging cloud environments. This position is a key resource for the implementation strategies in the cloud while driving cloud initiative in high performance grid computing and managing a scalable, continuous-integration architecture.
· Implement and maintain cloud-based solutions and infrastructure (AWS/ Azure/ Salesforce).
· Implement and manage AWS (VPC, IAM, AMI, S3, API Gateway, ELB, RDS, SQS, SNS, Route53,Transit Gateway etc.) and other cloud services.
· Design, implement, and evaluate current and future infrastructure initiatives for the highest level of efficiency and performance.
· Resolve and isolate complex problems involving cloud services, applications, operating systems,hardware, communications infrastructure, or any combination of these.
· Assist developers and other team members by implementing required API’s, IAM, and security policies.
· Provide escalation support to troubleshoot and maintain production infrastructure and tor esolve production issues and outages.
· Maintain proper documentation including configuration specifics and procedures, for implementation and ongoing operation/maintenance of infrastructure solutions.
· Provide technical support for enterprise systems. Troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures in accordance with standard operating procedures.
· Perform routine operational tasks, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware,resources, systems, and key processes. Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
· Perform systems related maintenance such as systems rebooting, patching, backups, snapshots,health monitoring, hardware/software asset management, software distribution and systems decommissioning.
· Serve as a key team member using existing technical knowledge and have the skills to perform specific projects independently.
· Maintain the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
· Interact with senior engineers and management to identify areas of improvement for operational efficiency.
· Work closely with technical and non-technical personnel within and across all departments and vendors.
· Accountable for managing all assigned tasks and projects.
· Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan.
· Comply with Incident Management and Change Management procedures and reporting practices.
· Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT industry as it relates to the technologies identified as primary responsibilities including awareness of new or revised solutions and improved processes.
· Develop and maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place systems.
· Assist junior and subordinate staff in researching technical problems and complex designs in order to develop staff capabilities.
· Participates in on-call 24X7 support as needed in the event of system outage or failure.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred.
· In lieu of a degree, combination of education and a minimum of seven (7) years of related work experience is required that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to perform all the essential job functions.
· A minimum of three (3) years of hands on experience implementing and configuring AWS cloud environment (VPC, ELB, EC2, S3, EBS, etc.).
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Linux systems administration. Understand AWS/Azure architectural best practices as well as experience in the use of programming/Scripting languages and Cloud Security.
· Demonstrated understanding of Network, Compute, Storage, Cloud and End-User technologies.
· Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills desired.
· Must be able to present system designs for user approval at formal reviews.
· Must be capable to provide solutions to identified systems issues.
Licenses and Certifications
· AWS Associate level certifications are required.
· VMWARE, Cisco, or Microsoft certifications is a plus.
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Micro-Data Systems, Inc.
Why Work Here?MDS is a business and technology solutions provider founded in 1992. We provide vendor neutral IT solutions on a national and international level. MDS has built a stellar reputation based on our customer focus and expertise in converging IT service areas on a custom level for our clients. We pride ourselves on providing tailored solutions that increase effectiveness, efficiency, and profitability.
World leader in Networking technologies with boundless career advancement. Salary, bonus, benefits, stock options and numerous perks.