- $19 to $21 Hourly
1st Shift Monday- Thursday 6:30 AM to 5 PM Overtime on Friday and Saturday as needed for production
Do you love Aluminum welding and have a strong work ethic? Have you recently graduated with a welding certificate or are you and experienced Aluminum welder looking to take your career to the next level? Apply now to become Mickey Truck Bodies newest Aluminum Welder and experience Mickey Truck Bodies excellent benefits and supportive company culture in this rewarding role.
Mickey Truck Bodies is a premier manufacturer of state-of-the-art bodies and trailers and specially engineered vehicles sold in over 50 countries around the world. The innovative product line-up is prevalent in industries such as food & beverage, vending, propane, rental trucks, emergency & rescue, furniture, battery, oil & natural gas, and data storage. The company operates a total of 500,000 square feet of manufacturing and fleet services space in 4 states with over 400 Mickey employees at these locations.
Since it was founded in High Point, NC in 1904, Mickey has remained privately-owned and operated by the Mickey family, now in its 4th generation of ownership and leadership.
Mickey Truck Bodies offers our welders a competitive compensation and benefit package including:
- Productivity and Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation Time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (Employee cost share)
- Wellness Plan with Incentives
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance with AD&D Policy
- 401 K with Company Match
Aluminum Welder Summary:
The production Aluminum Welders perform difficult welding operations on aluminum for complex, precision assemblies involving high strength welds according to plans and layout. The production Aluminum Welder will use hand and power tools to prepare materials prior to welding. Work must pass quality inspections.
Aluminum Welder Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Plan and layout welding sequence, referring to drawings, blueprints, or specifications.
- Layout and mark weld points on parts and sub-assemblies using rule, square, scribe, or templates.
- Positions pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures or guides using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Operates welding equipment, regulate current and voltage or gas and wire flow rate for proper penetration and fusion of metals.
- Obtain maximum weld strength, avoiding distortion and excessive weld at joints.
- Provide technical direction to others as needed.
- Must be able to perform math calculations by adding, subtracting, and such as using fractions, decimals, and to solve manufacturing/ assembly issues
- Maintain clean and safe workspace, while achieving productivity and quality standards.
Aluminum Welder Required Education, Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent attendance
- Strong production mindset with quality precision
- Ability to read a tape measure is required
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments within the parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, written direction, and work orders.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Aluminum welding experience required
- Minimum 1-2 years of WORK experience welding aluminum material required
- Welding certification preferred
Aluminum Welder Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Requires ability to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Requires ability to sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, crawl, and kneel
- Specific vision ability required includes close, distance, color, and peripheral vision with depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Manufacturing work environment that has frequent exposure to fumes or airborne particles, noise intensity level, proximity to moving mechanical parts and exposure to weather.
Mickey Truck Bodies and Subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.
Mickey Truck BodiesHigh Point, NC
ConstructionView All Mickey Truck Bodies Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.