- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Performs various types of product packing and shipping in accordance with established procedures and/or commercial standards; receives and stocks incoming equipment, materials, and supplies and prepares shipments. Helps in other departments when Shipping/Receiving is slow.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes all inbound/outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Audits each shipment prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- Packs and labels product based on established standards.
- Prepares shipping and receiving documentation; maintains orderly files for all documentation.
- Participates in scheduling of daily transportation.
- Processes all receiving transactions and paperwork.
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage; notifies Production Planning of any damaged freight issues.
- Assists in maintaining shipping material inventory levels.
- Assists in responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- Assists in maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma/GED
- One to two years related experience or equivalent.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Michigan Workforce