Registered Nurse / RN / Pre-Op / PACU
Michigan Surgical Center East Lansing, MI
- Expired: December 09, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Michigan Surgical Center is currently hiring for a Registered Nurse for Pre-Op and PACU.
This is a Full time position and provides flexibility to your schedule, NO nights or Weekends!
Provide care for the adult and pediatric patients within nursing standards of practice and policies of the Center. The responsibilities include all aspects of patient care prior to and following surgery.
- Assess, instruct, and prepare patients prior to surgery
- Ensure informed consents are correct and signed, and paperwork required by policy are in the patient chart prior to surgery
- Take and record vital statistics of patients to ensure readiness for surgical procedure
- Initiate IV and ensure patients are informed about procedure
- Assess patient’s post-operative condition
- Monitor vital signs and other measurements of progress, meeting discharge criteria
- Document all findings in patient record
- Answer patient questions and ensure patient comfort
- Monitor patient for condition changes, reporting any changes to the physician
- Perform appropriate intervention during pre-operative or post-operative emergencies
- Administer medications, perform diagnostic procedures and treatments in line with Center policies and procedures
- Participate in the development of patient plan of care to include patient problems, goals, interventions, and evaluations
- Participate in performance improvement activities
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in nursing
- Maintain professional standards by participating in in-services, committees, etc. and assist in developing Center policies and procedures
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Potential for exposure to blood borne pathogens and other infectious diseases
- Extensive walking, standing, lifting, pulling, and pushing associated with patient care
- Potential for chemical exposure
- Unpredictable mealtimes: breaks are scheduled around patient needs
- Current Michigan license to practice as a Registered Nurse and BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification required.
- Must possess general clinical competency in acute adult and pediatric patient care.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with patients effectively and appropriately, families, physicians, office staffs and co-workers
- Must demonstrate aptitude for maintaining pace of abbreviated patient encounters, keeping patient flow to two hour or less stay in post-operative care
- Must demonstrate ability to gather pertinent medical history and provide concise instruction for pre-operative and post-operative care
- Previous ambulatory surgery experience preferred
Michigan Surgical Center
AddressEast Lansing, MI
HealthcareView all jobs at Michigan Surgical Center