Systems Engineer II
- Expired: April 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Michigan Millers Insurance is pleased to announce the opportunity to join our Information Technology team as a Systems Engineer II in our Lansing office. This exciting opportunity is the perfect chance for someone who is interested in continuing to expand their career in the Insurance Industry with a company that is currently rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
This position is responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the inhouse and remote information and telecom systems that support core organizational functions. The right candidate will also provide positive customer support experience by ensuring smooth operations of end user equipment and peripherals.
As a System Engineer II, responsibilities may include:
- Provide day-to-day operational technical support and manage system processing and out put for application systems/network
- Perform system administration functions, security functions, operating system upgrades, software patches, and device
- Deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives
- Design and perform server and system backup procedures and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity
- Perform SAN Storage Administration. Ensure storage reliability and connectivity across network, servers, and disaster recovery site.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service
- Create and maintain documentation for end user acceptance.
- Create and maintain documentation ensuring security
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing and network
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports as
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and
- Act as escalation point, providing third-level
- Update support tickets and project tasks
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Strong hands-on experience with VMware or similar virtualization
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Windows
- Intermediate (or higher) skills with SAN Storage Administration.
- Understanding of networking concepts and
- Intermediate (or higher) skills with VMware Horizon.
- Experience working in AgileDevOps team
- Experience with backup and recovery and Veeam.
- Advanced skills with scripting engines such as PowerShell.
- Experience with MCSA, MCSE, or MCITP in appropriate technologies.
- Intermediate skills with Office 365, Azure AD, and InTune
- Excellent troubleshooting
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and
- Deep understanding of IT security
- Deep understanding of business continuity planning and
- Experience with enterprise level firewalls
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; experience in lieu of degree acceptable
- 3+ years of hands-on server experience, preferably in a Microsoft
- Computer certification
Our Benefits Package Includes:
- 401(k) company matching
- Standard employee benefits - including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more
- Employer paid Short-Term and Long- Term disability
- 100% company-paid tuition reimbursement for approved, job relevant coursework
**Michigan Millers Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
TechnologyView all jobs at Michigan Millers