Ambulatory Operations Manager
Michigan Medicine Ann Arbor, MI
- Posted: 29 days ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE USE THIS LINK: https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/191446/administrative_manager_intermediate
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- Flexible spending accounts
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Mental and emotional health programs
- Child Care Resources
- Life Insurance
- Legal Services Plan
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
Another reason to Go Blue!
- Nationally Recognized for work/life effectiveness by WorldatWork
- Top 5 employer in Michigan by Crain’s Detroit Business
- Fobes #1 Best Employer in Michigan
- Ranked #11 in the US and best in Michigan “Best Hospitals” rankings for 2020-21
- Five medical specialties ranked in the nation’s top 10 and was ranked No. 1 in the state of Michigan.
- Michigan Medicine ranked #15 in Newsweek’s “World’s Best Hospitals” rankings
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest hospitals in Michigan and a premier academic medical center made up of:
- U-M Health System
- University of Michigan Medical School and its University of Michigan Medical Group practice
- One of the nation’s largest biomedical research communities
- Michigan Health Corp. — the legal entity that allows the Health System to enter into partnerships, affiliations, joint ventures and other business activities
- In the thick of this excellence is our ambulatory team which is the heart of the operations here at Michigan Medicine. As our department continues to grow, we invite you to grow with us!
- The Ambulatory Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day clinic operations for the Ambulatory Services Department which includes but is not limited to:
- Develop and oversee the training and development of administrative front office staff, medical staff, and management staff for the Ypsilanti office.
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and procedures related to the business office and administrative functions of the assigned sites.
- Conduct site staff meetings and participates in provider, practice improvement and other meetings as needed.
- Monitor and analyze all performance improvement and quality data; research best practice across ambulatory services and other organizations to continually improve the patient/family experience; proactively address performance/quality issues including thorough review with physician leaders for resolution.
- Responsible to complete yearly performance evaluations and ADP timecards.
- Also responsible for executing and coordinating clinic office operations including but not limited to training, appointment scheduling and customer services.
To qualify, you must have:
- 3-5 years related experience in practice management.
- Graduated from an accredited university with a Bachelor’s degree required.
- Analytical skills to resolve complex problems requiring the use of scientific, mathematical, or technical principles and in‐depth, experienced‐based knowledge.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
What will make you stand out:
- Work in a primary care practice or integrated care delivery system preferred.
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to be able to work unpredictable hours, rotating shifts, and on-call schedule.
Join our team for an opportunity to grow professionally in your career where we invest in you. At Michigan Medicine, you will experience:
- The highest quality patient care by placing the needs of the patient first
- A culture of teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect
- We encourage you to share your acquired expertise with your colleagues and customers, all while providing safer surgery and better outcomes for your patients
- Competitive benefits.
#11 Hospital in the Nation (U.S. News Honor Roll 2019-20)
Michigan MedicineWhy Work Here?
Michigan Medicine is a top-ranked academic medical center, providing exceptional patient care and rewarding careers for our employees!
#1 Hospital in Michigan (U.S. News Honor Roll 2019-20) #11 Hospital in the Nation (U.S. News Honor Roll 2019-20)
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
BusinessView all jobs at Michigan Medicine