Senior Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our need is…
A Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and
documenting software code for the Interoperability Institute.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Break down complex requirements into attainable feature functionality sets.
- Adheres to IOI architecture to implement sound and reliable software keeping business requirements and strategy at the forefront of implementation.
- Translates user and architectural requirements into secure, well-tested implementations.
- Works within and has a good understanding of the Agile approach to code development.
- Documents structure, implementation, and processes.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability, unit, and system testing.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ensure that the information IOI produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to IOI's Security Policies and Procedures.
- 7 + years working in a professional software development organization with a focus on healthcare as a Software Engineer.
- Experience with a compiled Object-Oriented language e.g., Java, C#, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing GraphQL or REST APIs.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems.
- Experience designing data schemas and writing performant queries against relational databases.
- Previous experience designing and implementing systems using secure authentication and authorization protocols such as OAUTH2, OpenID Connect, or SAML 2.0, etc.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative to succeed.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read and write statistical programming such as R, Pandas or Julia.
- Experience building engaging interactive data visualizations.
- Experience utilizing cloud technologies to deploy applications and components.
- Prior work in a Test-Driven Development or Behavioral Driven Development environment.
- Prior experience with large scale information technology projects.
- Previous experience with high tech, public sector, and/or healthcare industries.
- Information Health Exchange message handling experience such as HL7 RIM v2/3, DICOM, NCPDP, and X12.
- Experience working with Graph databases.
- May lead and direct the work of interns.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Michigan Health Information Network
TechnologyView all jobs at Michigan Health Information Network