MiHIN Senior Solutions Analyst
- Posted: 15 days ago
What is MiHIN?
The Michigan Health Information Network Shared Services (MiHIN) is Michigan’s state-designated entity to improve health care quality, efficiency, and patient safety by sharing electronic health information statewide, helping reduce costs for patients, providers, and payers. MiHIN is a non-profit, public-private collaboration that includes stakeholders from the State of Michigan, Health Information Exchanges that serve Michigan, health systems and providers, health plans/payers, pharmacies, and the Governor’s Health Information Technology Commission.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
The Senior Solutions Analyst is a champion for activities related to the identification, evaluation, and development of services offered through MiHIN to the healthcare community in Michigan. The Senior Solutions Analyst helps MiHIN expand adoption of its services by exploring and accelerating the development of new synthetic healthcare related opportunities; facilitating external events to convene thought leaders; and leveraging existing relationships and developing new contacts across Michigan to promote existing MiHIN services and identify stakeholder value for new services.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Provide leadership to one or many MiHIN products, including roadmap alignment with stakeholder requirements and emerging market; influencing and coordinating with internal resources; and validating technical development achieves business requirements
- Develop subject matter expertise as needed to achieve task and process outcomes associated with the development of emerging solutions and future use cases.
- Architecting existing functionality into new services and use cases, via workflows, story-boards and proof of concept activities with PMMs, Business Analysts and Product Engineers
- Identifies user requirements by communicating with leaders at hospitals, physician organizations, government agencies, health insurance companies, and employers
- Coordinates implementation of shared services by identifying organizations to participate in proof of concept; align goals, timing, and evaluation metrics between participating organizations and MiHIN teams
- Evaluates proof-of-concept results with participating organizations and MiHIN executive management; based on results, and recommends approach to scale to intended market
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree
- Work experience in health care, specifically dealing with processes related to patient data exchange between organizations
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal English) and organizational skills with high attention to detail and task completion orientation
- Experience with one or more of the following stakeholders – hospitals, physician offices, payers, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities, and/or home health
- Ability to work as an analytical problem solver who can make high quality judgments and decisions quickly
- Experience using critical thinking skills working with results, metrics, and data management
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and strong working knowledge of database environments required
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team
- Self-motivated with strong initiative to succeed
- Strong verbal and presentation skills
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Clinical Informatics, or related fields
- Familiarity with Michigan’s health information exchange marketplace
- Previous experience with high tech, public sector, and/or healthcare industries
- Prior experience with both large corporations and small startup organizations
Position Reports to: Business Analysis Manager
Supervisory Role: May lead, direct, and supervise the work of others, including possibly interns
MiHIN provides a stimulating, high‐energy environment for a wide variety of talented people who are making a positive improvement in health care. We’re working to build a healthier future for the state of Michigan, and we are always looking for motivated, bright, efficient professionals and interns to help advance our goals for sharing health information in ways that reduce costs and improve outcomes.
MiHIN’s health benefits are incredibly generous and quite rare in today’s job market. At this time our employees realize little to no out‐of‐pocket expenses for excellent coverage. MiHIN covers 100% of the cost of premiums so there are no deductions from paychecks for insurance. MiHIN currently also contributes to a Health Savings Account, known as an HSA, to cover the full or partial amount of the annual health insurance deductible. That means MiHIN currently covers the cost of premiums and the full or partial cost of the health insurance deductible, to minimize or completely eliminate employee out‐of‐pocket expenses.
Michigan Health Information Network
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?