Chief of Staff
- Expired: January 16, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Chief of Staff (CoS) is a strategic, top-level leader who oversees the efficient operations of the Interoperability Institute (IOI)-provided full organizational authority to manage the operations of IOI departments, programs, and staff that must cohesively work together like a well-oiled machine to deliver interoperability solutions. Keeping all aspects of IOI operations working smoothly is essential in meeting IOI's desired outcomes on time and within budget. This senior management role will join the IOI leadership suite, reporting directly to the Executive Vice President. The CoS plays a significant role in developing, designing, and improving policies, processes, and procedures that deliver the best IOI services possible. The goal is to improve software development velocity, extend community partnerships with external entities, increase external revenue and reduce extraneous budget costs. The CoS strives to eliminate complexity by organizing effective protocols and procedures for IOI operations.
At IOI, we recognize that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities. Because our family of companies serves everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire the most talented and qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and socio-economic upbringing.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET.
Starting salary $130,000 commensurate with education and experience.
The Chief of Staff exercises leadership responsibilities to ensure IOI delivers efficient services that address customer needs. CoS will evaluate IOI operations, ensure IOI produces good financial results, and build an excellent service culture, continual innovation, and accountability. CoS will meet regularly with peers (Department Directors) to stay up-to-date on inter-company daily operations. CoS will create standardized policies and procedures for accountability and performance management. Setting the appropriate financial parameters to maximize budget resources is another essential duty. COS will maintain regular contact with customers and monitor IOI performance for smooth operations.
- Overall responsibilities for IOI Operations
- Manage day-to-day operations of IOI as a member of the IOI management leadership, including staffing, scheduling, and day-to-day operational goals and problem resolution
- Oversee programs ensuring that all IOI activities follow established business practices, with a focus on the execution of contractual mechanisms with Legal, Finance, and other Business units within IOI and across shared services provided by affiliate companies
- Engage in cross-functional team meetings and conduct written and/or verbal presentations to team leads to represent IOI
- Lead team meetings and conduct written and/or verbal presentations to Senior Executives
- Oversee the proper allocation of team resources to achieve program objectives; evaluate appropriate workload across a variety of projects
- Develop relationships with third-party vendors as necessary for assigned programs, including communicating via email, phone, etc., arranging meetings, and discussing questions and requirements to complete assigned projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in health science, public health, business, healthcare management, or related field.
- 3-5 years prior experience in healthcare operations management, quality improvement, and healthcare finance.
- 3-5 years prior experience related to computer science, health informatics, cloud computing, or related technology experience
- Must have proven project management skills with experience managing varying levels of complexity
- Congenial, enthusiastic and ambitious personality with proven ability to motivate employees to meet their operational objectives and enforcement of operational protocols
- Ability to use good judgment to solve problems efficiently and accurately and handle complex details
- Multi-task orientation to handle and manage several projects at once while remaining flexible to changing requirements and priorities
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, along with the ability to present and explain information effectively for non-technically inclined individuals
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Decision-making skills to quickly access and address operational problems
- Master's degree in Health Administration, Healthcare MBA, or similar degree
- 1-3 years experience with agile SAFe development methodologies
- Knowledge of health IT industry standards and regulatory compliance requirements a plus
- Strong written and verbal abilities to speak with everyone from staff to clinicians on the IOI Board of Managers
- Analytic skills to turn operational, financial, and legal documents and associated data into operational improvements and produce executive reports for decision making
May supervise interns
Michigan Health Information Network
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
Get fresh Chief Staff jobs daily straight to your inbox!