Energy Engineer - HVAC/Controls Focus
- Expired: June 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
What is the role?
Michaels Energy is seeking an engineer with HVAC/Controls experience to support energy efficiency utility programs in the Denver metro area. This position will identify energy-saving measures related to HVAC controls and provide energy analysis for industrial and commercial facilities while engaging with facility managers, controls contractors, and clients.
Technical responsibilities include specifying control sequences for a variety of Building Automation Systems (BAS), reviewing current local energy codes and standards, identifying gaps and opportunities in HVAC controls, reviewing energy usage data, and performing custom energy calculations.
Client and customer communication is critical in this role. Types of communication include meetings, presentations, and non-technical and technical writing. We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about energy efficiency and removing barriers for the customer that will result in the implementation of energy efficiency projects.
After 3 months, you will have.....
- Learned company processes and procedures
- Completed at least one customer site visit independently
- Finished an energy analysis
After 6 months, you will have....
- Fully trained on at least one energy efficiency program
- Led customer meetings and project report outs
- Completed at least one full energy study for a customer facility
What are we looking for?
- Four-year degree in mechanical, chemical, or building systems engineering
- 2 years experience combining any of the following:
- Building mechanical systems
- HVAC controls
- Building Automation Systems
- Building commissioning
- Local building and energy codes
- Project or client management
- Energy efficiency programs
- Excels at communicating complicated ideas to a variety of audiences
- Skilled at persuading owners to implement efficiency projects
- Deep interest in energy, systems, and process efficiency, and improving productivity
- Lifetime self-learner
- Must be able to travel regionally(Denver metro) up to 30% with occasional travel to company headquarters in La Crosse, WI
- Education emphasis on energy efficiency, building systems or HVAC
- PE or Engineer in Training (E.I.T.)
Where can you work?
- Must be located in Denver, CO metro area
- Office, remote, or hybrid
1001 Bannock StreetDenver, CO
ManufacturingView all jobs at Michaels Energy