Michael Foods, Inc. is leading food processor and distributor with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food - where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Responsible for food processing, including: Set up, operate, and monitor various packaging equipment, safely and properly operates packaging equipment, ensures labeling is consistent with product placement , safely and properly operates material handling equipment, Stretch Wrap Machines, Forklift, and Hand Truck, Load and unload trailers in a safe efficient manner.
**JOB RESPONSIBILITIES****: **
1. Daily set up and sanitizing of equipment, start production after pre-op is complete
2. Capable of effectively performing Preop and effectively correcting problems observed before starting production
3. Make labels for daily production (QA verifies) (only if trained to do so, see training register)
4. Follow written safety GMP and SOP, SSOP procedures
5. Verify and record that metal detector is functioning prior to start up, and every 4 hours during production, capable of recalibrating detector as needed
6. Produce food product utilizing established adjusting procedures to attain desired characteristics and results per written specifications
7. Record lot numbers for all products, packaging, and nitrogen used during shift
8. Document product and room temperatures and machine settings on designated logs at times required (hours or every 30 minutes), report out of spec readings to department head
9. Pull required samples, as required, during each production shift
10. Follow written procedures for hooking up totes throughout production day as needed
11. Palletize product and transport promptly to blast freezer using pallet jack and fork lift, transport packaging supplies from packaging warehouse as needed (only if trained to do so, see training register)
12. Tear down and disassemble equipment for clean up
13. Perform all cleaning including CIP, COP and hand wash functions, and compressed air cleaning. Titrate and record solution strengths for all cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
14. Perform basic maintenance /light work on equipment as needed, inform department head or maintenance if problems exceed abilities (only if trained to do so, see training register)
15. Report any out of spec product or abnormal situations to department head
16. Actively participate in and promote our safety culture by following safe work practices and adhering to all safety policies and procedures. Responsible for reporting all incidents, accidents and observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
**JOB QUALIFICATIONS****: **
No prior experience or training.
Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools
- Fluency in English is a plus
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor-s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.