WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International's Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Project Manager with a mix of transportation, cost management, engineering, industrial site development and client service experience. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate successful management of all phases of Transportation, Civil, Site Development, and Public works related projects. You will be joining a team of experienced civil engineers in executing a variety of Highway, Bridge, Private Sector, Transportation and Site Civil projects. You will have the opportunity to lead the administration of contracts and follow through with the construction of major and municipal public works undertakings. Additionally, the successful candidate could have access to Vertical and Transportation design build projects and serve as a major Task Leader.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, and supervise work for a staff of professionals and technicians, including subconsultants
- Schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of the engineering for mostly large scope Civil, Roadway, Bridge or other construction projects
- May develop and evaluate project plans and criteria for a variety of Highway or Bridge Transportation Related projects.
- Develops, assigns, and/or reviews and approves scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments
- Tracks overall financial performance of project/task assignment, which includes coordinating with management and operations to monitor performance of each project assigned
- Facilitate project decisions regarding technical approaches and strategies, issue resolution and solutions, cost and scheduling performance reviews
- Organize and motivate transportation team
- Client facing and ability to expand our client base
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Transportation Engineering
- Professional Engineering License a plus
- 10 years of relevant Project Management experience
- Experienced with proposal development, client presentations and relationship development
- Good Communication Skills
- Demonstrated success in achieving scope, schedule, and budget goals on a large-scale transportation project
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required Preferred Qualifications