- Review plans and specifications associated with assigned work
- Inspect various activities performed by the contractor
- Take field measurements and perform calculations
- Answer basic contractor questions about plan and specification requirements
- Monitor material testing needs and take material tests associated with work being performed
- Electronically prepare inspection reports and document material requirements and test results using SiteManager
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate's Degree in Construction Technology or related field of study is preferred.
- 0-3 years related experience providing construction inspection on WVDOH construction projects.
- 2 years related experience preferred.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Willingness to commute to construction projects in varying locations, work in all weather conditions, varying shifts, and weekends.
- Ability to work independently for periods of time.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Working knowledge of WVDOH standards, specifications, and material testing procedures.
- WVDOH certification for sampling and testing aggregate, concrete, asphalt and compaction and possess nuclear certification in WV preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and SiteManager.
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.