Our well established and growing Food Processing Client is PARTNERING with STAFFING PARTNERS in search of an experienced Safety Manager for this IMMEDIATE DIRECT HIRE CAREER OPPORTUNITY!
Benefits: Excellent Benefits!
Location: This position is located within Stanislaus County (Modesto, Ceres, Turlock, Newman, Surrounding areas)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:am to 5:pm. Some Saturdays as needed during Season.
The Safety Manager leads and manages the company Safety department and is the primary advocate of all safety related activities including design, implementation, and administration of Company Safety Programs, Policies, Practices, Procedures and Corrective Actions ensuring compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations relative to occupational health and safety. Additionally, the Safety Manager is responsible for Workers Compensation functions and administration.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines and requirements
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Ensure training is conducted for health and safety matters, accident prevention and the training program is administrated effectively
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws throughout the company’s operations
- Ensure equipment and machinery are inspected regularly to identify possible unsafe conditions
- Ensure timely investigation of accidents or incidents to discover root-cause and remediation
- Oversee management of Worker’s Compensation activities
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics in compliance with legal requirements
- Stays up to date on Federal, State and Local workplace safety regulations
- Fields inquiries from employees about proper safety procedures
- Respond to on-site emergencies and accidents
- Responsible for official Safety audits
- Recruits, hires, and trains new safety officials to assist in audits and other oversight.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management, or related field is a plus
- Certificate in Safety Management (CSM) will be required
- Coursework and training in occupational safety requirements and OHSA guidelines is required
- At least 3-5 years of experience as Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences management in the Food and/ or Agricultural industry
- Working knowledge of OSHA, OHST, Confined Space, Fall Protection, PSM, Respiratory Protection, Environmental Compliance is a plus
- Workers' Compensation and Hazmat response plans is highly desired
- OSHA and Cal-OSHA regulations
- CalARP, CalEPA and CUPA regulations and reporting responsibilities including the use of CERS
- California Workers’ Compensation System
- Industrial Hygiene
- Motivational Techniques
- Behavior-based Safety Programs
- Effective Communication and Technical Writing
HOW TO APPLY:
VERY IMPORTANT!! RATHER THAN APPLYING THROUGH THE WEBSITE, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME as a Word Doc Attachment DIRECTLY TO Phyllis Scoto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, please email your resume specifically as a Word Doc Attachment as it is necessary to receive, read and save it in this format. Applying through the website may convert it to a PDF or an UNREADABLE format, and CAN ALSO CAUSE DELAYS IN PURSUING OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU!!
Please make sure your resume reflects your contact information to INCLUDE City and State.
We will contact you if you are qualified for this position or any other positions that become available.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR RESUME TO OUR AGENCY PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE DIRECTLY. THERE IS NO NEED TO RE-APPLY FOR THIS POSTING.
NOTE: All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Together, we offer over 47 years of experience in the Staffing Industry and the expertise to assist you.
We have a passion for this business and are interested in maintaining our excellent reputation in the staffing industry. It is our goal in....
"finding people just the right jobs, finding employers just the right candidates and making sure it's just the right fit.".
Let us Partner with you for your Staffing needs!
~ STAFFING PARTNERS is an Equal Opportunity Employer ~