- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida is looking to hire a full-time Paralegal/Legal Assistant to work in the office of the General Counsel for the Tribe. The Office of the General Counsel provides legal assistance to the Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida (this includes the elected officials of the Tribe, all Tribal enterprises and all Tribal departments) in a legal capacity to support them in their day-to-day operations and the achievement of their goals and objectives while protecting Tribal sovereignty and self-determination.
Under the direction of the General Counsel and Staff Attorney, the Paralegal/Legal Assistant will draft memos, letters, and contracts. Paralegal/Legal Assistant will assist Tribal Members with various legal and quasi-legal matters. Additionally, Paralegal/Legal Assistant shall conduct legal research.
On any given day, our office may work in areas of the law as diverse as business, premises liability, construction, environmental, criminal, family, employment, and real estate law, to name a few. Looking for an upbeat, positive, proactive individual that is a team player. Position title and pay will be dependent upon work experience and paralegal certifications, if any.
1. Under the supervision of an attorney reviews/drafts memos, letters and contracts.
2. Conducts legal research, access case and docket information, etc;
3. Conducts intake of Tribal Member issues, assists when able and elevates to attorney as needed.
4. Answer telephone calls and emails by assisting or directing the parties to the relevant staff.
5. Assist with daily office management and organization.
6. Other duties as needed.
· Demonstrated proficiency utilizing various technologies and software packages, including Microsoft Office Suite. Strong computer skills necessary as you will regularly use different applications.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are needed to effectively interact with tribal leadership, other departments, tribal members, and outside parties.
· Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work efficiently with or without direct supervision.
· Confidentiality and cultural sensitivity.
· 1+ years professional legal experience
· Paralegal Certificate (preferred, or the ability to obtain in the future)
· Notary (preferred)
Drug Screen and Background Check Required
Job Location: 20 miles west of Krome Ave on SW 8th Street on the Miccosukee Indian Reservation
Miccosukee Tribe of Indians
Get fresh Indian Law Attorney jobs daily straight to your inbox!