Cleared Truck Driver (CDL Required)
Who We Are:
Miami Technology Solutions (MTS) is part of the Miami Nation Enterprises (MNE) portfolio of businesses. MTS is a professional & technical services company that provides customized technology services, logistics/warehouse management, nationwide-program management operations and inventory management talent across the federal government.
Responsible for the safe operation of medium-sized truck and van. The Truck driver drives a truck/van to transport materials, merchandise, equipment, or workers between various locations in the greater metro Washington, D.C. area. This driver may also load or unload truck/van with or without helpers, make minor mechanical repairs, and keep truck in good working order. Requires CDL. Assists with logistics warehouse/admin duties when not driving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, clean, and perform operator level maintenance on vehicles and equipment in accordance with standards.
- Operate both straight and combination vehicles with a capacity of up to sixty (60) tons to move materials, tools, equipment, and supplies to and from work locations.
- Perform vertical movement of material or equipment to and from trucks and trailers.
- Read and interpret instructions and documentation, plan work activities accordingly.
- Load and unload vehicles and ensure proper securement of cargo as required.
- Closely interact with the customer for movement of materials and equipment.
- Perform daily checks to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition and properly utilized, maintained, and stored logs and reconcile monthly charges on company gas card.
- Observe and follow all safety rules, regulations, and operating procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment and reporting delays or accidents.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Active Secret clearance
- Current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) equivalent to a US Class A CDL with an acceptable driving record.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 3 years of verifiable experience driving a combination truck or tractor-trailer.
- Must be able and willing to perform physically demanding tasks, such as lifting 50 pounds, bending, stooping, climbing ladders, as well as work in a warehouse environment with adverse temperatures.
- OCONUS experience operating vehicles in an environment with military services, commercial agencies, and host nation elements.
- Tractor-trailer driving certification from accredited truck driving school.
- Ability to transport HAZMAT as necessary.
- Experience in coupling and uncoupling trailers, connecting, or disconnecting air and electrical lines, and manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Experience in driving both automatic and standard transmission vehicles, both straight and combinations trucks, maneuvering tractor-trailers into loading or unloading positions, following hand and arm signals from others, and working as part of a team.
Preference in filling this position will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with the Indian Preference Act.
MTS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Miami Nation EnterprisesLorton, VA
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.