Provides administrative support for the Director of Healthcare Quality. Responsibilities include: general administrative duties, QAPI minutes recording, maintain QAPI files and documentation, assist in the preparation of various QAPI reports/deliverables, perform data entry, support the coordination and facilitation of QAPI meetings activities under general supervision of QAPI management. The Quality Improvement (QI) Intern will assist the Director of Health Care Quality and Quality Improvement/Risk Analyst Coordinator in the implementation of performance/process improvement and quality assurance projects.
· Ensures that resident’s/patient’s rights are adhered to
· Demonstrates professionalism and accountability
· Demonstrates a caring attitude consistent with Miami Jewish Empathicare™ toward MJH residents, patients, family members, employees and other facility guests
· Demonstrates excellent communication skills
· Ensures confidentiality and security of patients’ medical information
· Identifies and utilizes appropriate channels of communication
· Able to speak, read and write English
· Able to think and act calmly to meet unusual occurrences of the job
· Adheres to the organization’s Mission, Vision and Values
· Participates in departmental activities, meetings and in-services and follows established guidelines
· Maintains a safe working environment
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assists in the coordination of the organization’s designated key quality indicators and additional areas of performance improvement.
· Performs data collection from various sources and assists Quality Management in the production and communication of reports.
· Assists in efforts to improve and streamline the process and workflow of the Quality department.
· Researches national quality metrics and best practices to benchmark and evaluate data results.
· Strong problem-solving skills; detail oriented.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Analyzes databases and other information
· Understands and learns healthcare and medical terminology
· Good organizational and planning skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office word processing and spreadsheet software
· Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, appropriate prioritization and time management skills
· Demonstrates guest relations skills to residents/patients, physicians, visitors, employees and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact
· Team player
· Ability to work independently
· Maintains ethical behavior and confidentiality
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Healthcare administration or health care related field from an accredited college/university
· Explore Career Opportunities - by working in the field you have chosen, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path
· Network - meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
· Find Mentors - certain individuals can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities to which you can aspire
· You will participate in training during the first week of your internship. This training program will expose you to our culture and provide you with a knowledge base to draw upon throughout the remainder of your internship and beyond.
· Interns who successfully complete the program may be considered for full-time employment after graduation.
Environment Work Conditions:
· Normal working condition with adequate lighting and ventilation
Infectious Material Exposure:
· No routine exposures to blood/body fluids but may occasionally require performing activities which may involve exposure to unsanitary conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.