This is an entry level position allowing for rotational assignments within the Human Resources department to prepare incumbent for internal growth opportunities. Initial assignments will be focused on the areas of payroll, talent acquisition, compliance, on-boarding, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Assignment to plant, divisional, or corporate-wide Human Resources projects associated with Employee Engagement, Employee Relations, Recruitment and Selection, HRIS, Communications etc.
- Support the Company's Human Resources Team by assisting with recruiting activities, which include but are not limited to creating and posting jobs, sourcing applicants, reviewing resumes and screening candidates, conducting phone screens, coordinating onsite interviews, assisting with the offer, pre-employment and onboarding process for new hires.
- Payroll Processing – Understand and be able to process both front end and back roll payroll processing including Garnishments, liens, child support, etc.
- Conduct payroll Audits and open up Payroll related system cases.
- Understand Union Contracts and process dues/benefits/etc.
- Answer payroll questions and produce payroll related reports.
- Provide support with employee engagement and employee relations activities.
- Enter and maintain accurate HR and talent-related data in various HR systems and tools
- Assist with compliance audits and maintaining proper documentation.
- Assists in creating processes and policies for all recruiting and onboarding procedures and integrate them into Mi-Jack’s system.
- Maintains electronic hiring systems ensuring timely completion of all required tasks, following up with management when necessary, and bringing issues to HR Manager’s attention.
1. Monitors new-hire paperwork process, orientation and provide assistant to managers for 30/60/90 day plans for all new hires.
2. Administers background checks for new and existing employees as required and ensures DOL requirements are met; conducts and processes reference checks and oversees the unemployment process.
3. Coordinates company functions including retirement gatherings, service awards and summer events.
4. Provide consistent employee relations assistance, escalating issues to HR Leader when necessary.
5. Provides backup for HRIS Analyst and Payroll Coordinator
6. Undertakes special projects and initiatives as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
1-3 years of experience or Internships in HR or Payroll Functions
Experience using Applicant Tracking and HRIS systems, as well as Microsoft Office
1. Strong consultative skills including ability to persuade and negotiate.
2. Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
3. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with candidates, internal clients and business partners.
4. Excellent listening, writing and presentation skills.
5. Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instruction.
6. Strong problem solving skills.
7. Ability to travel as needed.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
This is primarily an office classification and employees work in an office with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Must be able to speak clearly and communicate clearly in English. The position occasionally bends, stoops, reaches, pushes and pulls drawers to retrieve and file information and lifts and carries reports, records, and other materials that typically weigh less than 30 pounds.