Field Service Technician
Mi-Jack Products Overland Park, KS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Work in an outdoor environment on heavy lift equipment such as railjacks, forklifts, welders, service trucks and other heavy lift material handling equipment as needed.
1. Troubleshoot and repair equipment – electrical, hydraulic, diesel and mechanical.
2. Provide training and technical knowledge on full range of equipment.
3. Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on equipment.
4. Support customers by effectively interfacing with customer and office in repairing equipment as needed.
5. Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics on a wide range of equipment
6. Self-starter ability to find work within the yards beyond what was originally scheduled
1. Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs.
2. Provide a high level of communication with both Customer and Office.
3. Provide clear work order documentation
4. Ability to prioritize repairs within the assigned yards
5. Ability to self-schedule and coordinate repairs and PM’s with on site management
Required: Minimum of 5 years of field service and/or completion of field service technician education. Degree must be currently practiced to offset minimum field service requirement.
Desired: Field related certificates and endorsements are positively reviewed. Capable of reading variable schematic logic for both low / high voltage electrical and a variety of hydraulics.
Acceptance in all areas of accountability, pertaining to all areas of responsibilities. Capability to lead, teach and share knowledge with others. Willingness to travel at will throughout the western region if called upon.
Willingness to work at various heights. Safety minded/oriented. Requires knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical assemblies and testing experience; requires an eye for detail. Ability to recognize all colors in a normal spectrum; basic knowledge of SPC fundamentals; thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable operating and documentation procedures and material flow. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products and other data systems; Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures; ability to accept constructive criticism.
Physical and Environmental Elements:
This is a field service classification and employees work in a factory environment or in the field with exposure to noise and machinery and weather. Accurate hand/eye coordination is required. Finger dexterity is required, as well as hand strength, with the ability to grasp, lift, push and pull; access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment Work involves considerable standing, walking, climbing, crawling, driving, reading, seeing, hearing, speaking, concentrating, communicating, stooping, bending, or sitting for long periods of time. May lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds and have exposure to working at heights.
Located in a Southern Suburb of Chicago, Mi-Jack Products is a part of The Lanco Group of Companies. Lanco is a diverse group of privately held companies specializing in many disciplines; from heavy equipment manufacturing to sales and service; facility operations to event promotions; integrated technologies to equipment distribution. By focusing on product quality, serve and communication at every level, we consistently set the standard for performance and customer satisfaction.
AddressOverland Park, KS